A happy note for the Aussies out there

Guest KwazyDog

Guest KwazyDog

Hiya guys.

Just thought youd all like to know that apparently I have recieved my full version of CM today. I *believe* that my version was sent out about the same time as you guys had yours sent out (well, if you were in the first run, which should be all pre-orders from what Ive read), so Id expect to see if soon if you dont recieve it today.

Yay wink.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Hiya guys.

Just thought youd all like to know that apparently I have recieved my full version of CM today. I *believe* that my version was sent out about the same time as you guys had yours sent out (well, if you were in the first run, which should be all pre-orders from what Ive read), so Id expect to see if soon if you dont recieve it today.

Yay wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

way to go Kwazy, where in Oz are you

Peter

Am getting mine sent to work.....

I sit up and check everytime the mail girl goes past to see if she has a package for me...That's like 6 times a day!!

As of Monday at 2.10pm no sighting. Am still holding out hope of getting it today, was charged on the 15th, but I accept it'll get here when it gets here. I just hope that it's soon! The weekend just past was perfect for gaming, cold and wet, no reason to make excuses for staying inside infront of the PC all day smile.gif

Oh well, at least I have work to keep me occupied whilst I wait.

Reg's

Fen

Guest KwazyDog

Im up on the Gold Coast, so I guess it will probably filter down from here smile.gif

My guess would be that you guys should definately see it before the weeks out. Just a guess though.

Guest KwazyDog

Ermm, sorry pacestick. Thought it would be of interest to some, didnt make any promises though. Just wanted to let you all know its not too far away.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Ermm, sorry pacestick. Thought it would be of interest to some, didnt make any promises though. Just wanted to let you all know its not too far away.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was only tongue in cheek Kwazy, no malice intended. I would be pretty "dume" to get pissed at anothers good fortune.

Anyone know how to make my typed smilies turn into the pretty ones Peng hates?

I do not have the disable smilies box checked

Peter

Guest KwazyDog

Hehe, no worries Pace, actually that was pretty much how I thought you ment it but my response didnt come across well either by the looks of it wink.gif Dont ya just lvoe the net as a form of communication, hehe.

Honestly though now it appears it has reached Aus I dont think it will be far away from most here. Keep your fingures crossed smile.gif

Kwazy

Yes, some of the posts really crack me up and as an aside, a bloke gets to pick up lots of good hints which will be great once i get the game. What part of the coast are you in, my inlaws are at Runaway Bay and I have a house at Biggera Waters

Peter

Guest KwazyDog

Currently Im working at Southport and live out at Parkwood, so not too far away smile.gif

Coldish day up here today with a stong westerly wind off of the ocean.

[This message has been edited by KwazyDog (edited 07-03-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crocky:

Maybe you guys should live somewhere that is on the main mail route

Like NEW ZEALAND ;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Crocky

As the first to receive CM in our neck of the woods you have elder status so I will refrain from coming back at you with some witty cutting remark about certain peoples and their nocturnal practices regarding sheep

:)

Pacestick - leave out the nose and your smiley will show up OK ( tongue.gif)

But lookout, cuz Peng's gonna get you.

No rest for the wicked here in Sydney either. I had it sent to my office as I thought that it would be more "secure", but that may be slower than getting it at home.

------------------

desert rat wannabe

Pacestick

My apologies I should not rub my good luck in your face

In fact I'm looking forward to having someone in a similar timezone to PBEM with so when any of you Aussies get it give us a yell if you want a game sorry redface.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goanna:

Pacestick - leave out the nose and your smiley will show up OK ( tongue.gif)

But lookout, cuz Peng's gonna get you.

No rest for the wicked here in Sydney either. I had it sent to my office as I thought that it would be more "secure", but that may be slower than getting it at home.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Goanna

Thanks mate, I just checked the legend, all the smilies are noseless redface.gif

Peng doesn't scare me, he will be to busy playing CM to worry about my little ol smilies biggrin.gif

Good to hear Kwazy. Did it come by regular mail or parcel post? Adelaide mail centre told me the latter would be the method.

------------------

I'm always in the ****, it's only the depth that varies.

OH boy, oh boy, oh boy.

Could today be the day? I don't know how the Gold Coast could get their copies before brisbane but I don't care now.

Typical though, I've just started a Pbem game of VoT, it's gonna be a bit hard to concentrate on that with a whole world of new scenarios to explore.

Interesting point on the Pbem though, it's my first game like this and we've only played 1 turn, but my opponent rushed 1 of his shermans up at top speed WITH NO INFANTRY SUPPORT, such a crazy move took me by surprise as I was bringing 2 squads forward and by the 30 second mark it was obvious my guys were going to get caught in the open, all I could do was watch in horror when WHAM! that lovely anti tank gun fired 1 shot only and nailed him a beauty!

God I can hardly wait for the next turn!

Hi all,

A little off subject here. But I used to live down there in the mid 70's.

Little town called Macksville,( a little ways north of Sydney always wanted to go back someday.

Question is, if any of you ever get there much has it grown any or is it still the little town it was back then?

Well I better get off before I start getting weepy eyed.

12pm, Tuesday....no sighting.

Read that guys in the States have been charged the same day as us and they haven't got their copies yet.....I reckon we'll be very lucky if you see it this week.

But I really hope I get to eat my words, but am trying not to get too hyped.

Reg's

Fen