Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

Gentlemen of the forum,

The beginning of the Command Post Exercise of the Combat Mission Meta-Campaign is imminent. I invite you to read about it, and follow the progress of the campaign, in the CMMC Press Corps section on Madmatt's site.

The exact link is: http://cmhq.tzo.com/CMMC/Press_corps/pcintro.asp

My paper is a PDF file. It looks good but there may be compatibility problems so this is on a TRIAL basis. Some troubleshooting tips:

1. If the "F" does not appear in the headline that means you probably have an older version of Acrobat Reader. You can fix this by d/ling version 4.0 from the link provided.

2. If you have trouble viewing all the pages, try RIGHT-CLICKING on the link. Click "Save Target as" and download the file to your computer. When that is complete give it a go.

I hope you all enjoy the issue!

Nelson

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The German issue will be ready soon.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Yes ... just as the Victory Weapons would be ready "any day." I suppose that if you LIKE reading PROPAGANDA instead of hard hitting, insightful, and HONEST REPORTING you might want to look at THEIR issue ... if only for a laugh.

Joe

On behalf of my fellow writers and our editor, let me say it is our pleasure to contribute to the 'Forward Observer' and do our part for CMMC.

Our involvement is solely voluntary, so if you were suitably impressed by the high quality of journalism and the excellent layout, cash donations will cheerfully be accepted! wink.gif

Mace (who is the much better writer than Joe Shaw)!

Pillar,

No, I hadn't seen your site before but it does look quite nice!

The Command Post Exercise of the CMMC has started. This is a trial period for the rules of the "real" CMMC. The stories in the Observer (especially the one on page 3) explain things better.

If anyone has trouble with the file, please tell me about it and we will do what we can to fix it.

Nelson

Admiral,

Thanks, glad you liked my site. I just read your newspaper and I wanted to say that I think it's very well done. I even laughed at parts.

Now where do I get subscriptions? And do the delivery boys require tips?

wink.gif

Best of luck.

[This message has been edited by Pillar (edited 09-25-2000).]

Mace and Shaw,

Since I can't say this in the pool, I figure I'd say it here.

Very nice work on the paper! I enjoyed reading it. Seems you guys are not as bad as you appear to be.

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Very nice work on the paper! I enjoyed reading it. Seems you guys are not as bad as you appear to be.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Thanks Lorak, I know how hard saying that must have been smile.gifpssst, we won't tell anyone in the 'pool 'cause they might think you're getting soft on 'em.

Joe

Thanks for all your positive comments. Thank my fine reporters too--they are the ones getting shot at while I am back here in a posh Manhattan office, smoking cigars and chugging bourbon.

As these other people have noted, even if you're not playing in the CMMC you should give the paper a look. You can, after all, pitch in to the effort by writing letters to the editor or opinion pieces. And if Joe or Mace should meet an untimely demise, who knows, there may be an opening on the staff!

Nelson