Patch 1.01 SNEAK PEAK With NEW FEATURE ADDED! CMHQ NOW PEOPLE!!!!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Ok, the MDMP-1 is impressive, this we know but Charles decided to show us what TRUE TWEAKING really is. That's right, not only will the 1.01 patch fix some of those nagging issues we have seen since the Gold Demo was released (like barbed wire) but he even ADDED stuff to it? What sort of stuff? Well how about all NEW HIGH EXPLOSIVE GRAPHICS!!!!

You gotta see these to believe just how HUGE and improvement these are!

I have posted 17 new pictures into my New Features section along with some information all about this newest of new features.

Remember, this isn't a mod, this is Charles just adding something to the game because he is just that kinda guy...

Now then, the MDMP-1 team also has something to show you and its displayed as the nightly POTD and shows off one of those new Winter Textures for vehicles we mentioned before.

SO you have your homework! get going and be prepared to be amazed...AGAIN!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

On the Hetzer, all I got to say is BAD!!! Damn, makes me think of CM2 already!

Haven't looked at New feature yet..

Well yes I have. wink.gif Now I hope this satisfies those people that want more FPS type explosions.

------------------

"The greatest risk...is not taking one."

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 06-07-2000).]

Charles,

Great work on the new explosions. Much appreciated, even though I was satisfied with what we already had.

However, one question. Does HE rounds from tanks do this also??

------------------

It is my understanding that the .bmp files have already been reserved for the winter camo. If you have the Winter-camo textures, they will be loaded in you are playing a winter scenario. If you don't have them, you will just get the default textures.

My speech is returning.

Lorak

------------------

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring

"Not to worry, they were all Scientologists anyway" ?? MadMatt, you jackass. wink.gif Heehehehe.

It's like the Mad Man has said, GET OVER AND CHECK THIS OUT, FOLKS. I hoped against hope to see something beyond the bubble-flashes for explosions, but figured it would take a lot more time before getting into CM. HA!!! I'M HAPPILY PROVEN WRONG!!!

Any word yet on what graphics cards or VRAM would be a limit to switching this on in the game?

[This message has been edited by Spook (edited 06-07-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Formerly Babra:

Errr... does this mean I'll have to swap in a new texture set for winter camo'd vehicles when I want to play a winter scenario?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. From the CMHQ thread yesterday this was answered. The release version does not include winter textures, but apparently there is an internal feature where it calls on certain texture files for the winter textures. These will be available via mods.

------------------

Mattster, the Sci crack was the laff OTD (well, Germanboy got a couple in this AM).

But the explosions- gawd, I was just saying how I love them so- this is real box of hankies stuff (er, yes, I mean they make me kind of sad). I know I should be asking if the persisting smoke ball is an LOS obstruction, but sometimes you gotta just drink it all in.

And your Hetzer is excellent.

Does anyone else ever find themselves just talking to the screen saying WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO PLEASE, PLEASE, SHIP THIS GODDAM GAME and getting funny looks from people around you?

Thought not. Sorry for the outburst.

Guest Madmatt

ONGixmus is correct. The game will automatically load the winter textures (if any) whenever SNOW is on the ground. That is the requirement. SO you want a snowy JUNE scenario, well YEAH you can do that and BOOM you get winter textures for VEHICELES only (we think, I know uniforms wont change, at least I havent gotten them too dont know about guns yet)..If there is no winter texture than the normal one loads...

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

Guest Pillar

I think this goes to show that we can expect great support and continued development from the guys at BTS.

Sure as hell made my day smile.gif

Thanks guys, it's appreciated.

I am reminded when I first saw a HE shell explode, the flash, the short, ugly black spurts of smoke running together almost instantly into a great puff, and before it started drifting a little came that sensation that no movie sound system conveys, that whole system shock, along with a doom of sound that speakers fail to duplicate, a sound with the balls of a bull elephant stomping the earth beside your prone ear. All of this at a decient and safe distance. What must it be to be near cowering in a foxhole or hugging the earth?

I never have posted any gushing before (everyone else does such a good job) but these explosions look really incredible. Kudos again. I continue to recommend this game, both on and off the internet, whenever I get a chance.

------------------

"Artillery is a terrible thing. God, I hate it."

Pvt. David Webster

101st airborne 1942-45

Now all we need are decent fire graphics. It looks kinda cheesy to see a "box" of fire coming from a burning tank. I don't really mind, but if the explosions can be improved why not the fire of burning vehicles?

MK

Ok, they look GREAT! but...if I can't see the truely translucent smoke (monster fusion 16meg video) it seems to just use a bigger version of the low quality smoke. What will the new explosions look like? I suppose if they use the now old (I always thought the explosions looked great anyway) version it's ok...but this is just making me want to spend money I don't have on a new video card. Missing out on one or two things is ok..but now I might be missing out on the cool explosions too... frown.gif

Just my luck I guess...all the crappy but visually great games I have bought have all worked without a hitch and now a great playing and visually stunning game comes along and things won't work for me. AAAAHHHHH! sorry...

------------------

"It's a hardball world son. We've got to keep our heads until this peace craze blows over."

you guys at BTS are nuts!

i remember telling my girlfriend a few

months ago how i wished the explosions had the fiery thing going but how it didn't really matter anyways. It looked great how they were and THEN, this! I love independent

game developers!

on a side note...I'm really proud of this:

I had a regular panzershreck guy take out a sherm from 200m away without my order to do so. BEAUTIFUL!