Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Campaign Pack "Summer of Destruction" : Technical information, questions and reports

I'll start with an unpleasant topic: so far I've received 5 reports from Mac users who experienced system crashes in missions #3 and #6 of the "Partisans Land" Campaign. Obviously this seems to be a specific MAC issue with fortifications (?). The following solution emerged: 
Since there are no core-units, you can simply start the campaign over and then simply skip the missions that have already been played until you get to the "problem"- mission. This seems to have worked without any problems.

5 hours ago, Ithikial_AU said:

Can you post details of the problems being reported for the benefit of the Beta Tester crew. Ta.

I am one of the guys who reported such Mac crashes.

In Mission 3, the game crashed when pushing the "red" button. The issue disappeared when I restarted my computer the day after.

The issue with Mission 6 is depicted here:

I had to restart the campaign to solve the issue. Apparently some save file gor corrupt at some point. By far the weirdiest bug I've met in what is IMHO a very stable game (at least on my Mac platform).

• 1 month later...

I've had the same problem on the same campaign. I remember playing through it halfway once but then I decided to restart it and after giving all orders it crashed as soon as I pressed GO. Restarting PC didn't work either. Only skipping the mission. I don't recall exactly which mission it was but I remember it being you start of with a Stug or two and the Soviets are entrenched around a small village.

This was on Windows 11

3 hours ago, Lmurfe said:

I don't recall exactly which mission it was but I remember it being you start of with a Stug or two and the Soviets are entrenched around a small village.

If I ever get that far I'll report my experience with it 😉.  I was doing well (I thought) in the first mission, and then a lot of play-testing of other stuff came along...

On 7/11/2024 at 4:29 AM, PEB14 said:

I am one of the guys who reported such Mac crashes.

In Mission 3, the game crashed when pushing the "red" button. The issue disappeared when I restarted my computer the day after.

The issue with Mission 6 is depicted here:

I had to restart the campaign to solve the issue. Apparently some save file gor corrupt at some point. By far the weirdiest bug I've met in what is IMHO a very stable game (at least on my Mac platform).

A few years ago this happened to me with Kampfgruppe_von Schroif_v4. I was doing everything great and was just about to finish scenario 5 of the campaign with a victory, however I made the mistake of updating the game engine. I realized after I should have tried to finish the campaign first before updating the game engine. I now crash to desktop trying to advance the turn. My only way to move forward without starting over or trying to reinstall an older game version is to use the exploded campaign files as scenarios to finish that way. I took a little CM break after that. SIGH....

Edited by Blazing 88's

15 hours ago, Blazing 88's said:

A few years ago this happened to me with Kampfgruppe_von Schroif_v4. I was doing everything great and was just about to finish scenario 5 of the campaign with a victory, however I made the mistake of updating the game engine. I realized after I should have tried to finish the campaign first before updating the game engine. I now crash to desktop trying to advance the turn. My only way to move forward without starting over or trying to reinstall an older game version is to use the exploded campaign files as scenarios to finish that way. I took a little CM break after that. SIGH....

In my specific case I didn't update the game engine at all... It just happened that the save file got corrupted one way or another.

But honestly, CM2 is pretty stable overall. I has vert, very few crashing issues on my Mac OS system.