Problem with CMBN patch 4.05

Posted (edited)

So far CMBN 4.04 was running smoothly (with all modules incl. the Vehicle Pack) on my WIN 10. After downloading patch 4.05, and even updating the C++ library, the game now systematically crashes at launch (whether in normal mode or as admin). Meanwhile I had activated the just released Pack 2 update.

Edited by bruno2016
added one element of info

In the meantime you could try downloading the full 4.05 installer and see if that works. Sounds like something in the installer was blocked from being installed. The full installer might be better? Worth a shot while waiting for the help desk. Rename the existing installation to something so that it isn't overwritten (or copy out any saves and mods somewhere safe first)

Dave.

May be an issue with your antivirus program identifying the installer as  a virus and stopping the game installing properly. I had this issue with Norton AV when installing the patch yesterday. We had to temporarily disable Norton to get the 4.05 installer to run properly (Luckily my daughter is more tech savvy than me).

On 6/8/2024 at 3:15 PM, Ultradave said:

In the meantime you could try downloading the full 4.05 installer and see if that works. Sounds like something in the installer was blocked from being installed. The full installer might be better? Worth a shot while waiting for the help desk. Rename the existing installation to something so that it isn't overwritten (or copy out any saves and mods somewhere safe first)

Dave.

hi dave. I reinstalled the "CMBN Engine 4 (v4.0 through v4.05)" but to no avail. Still crashes in the same exact conditions.

Note: is this patch really a full reinstall when the file name is CMBN Win v4.05 Update.rar?

Posted (edited)
On 6/8/2024 at 5:48 PM, Lieutenant Ash said:

May be an issue with your antivirus program identifying the installer as  a virus and stopping the game installing properly. I had this issue with Norton AV when installing the patch yesterday. We had to temporarily disable Norton to get the 4.05 installer to run properly (Luckily my daughter is more tech savvy than me).

Nothing interrupted the install procedure. I use the Windows Defender antivirus. When it goes off, usually this is at the beginning of an install where u have to confirm in multiple steps that u want to go ahead regardless. Nothing like this here.

Edited by bruno2016

Guys, my bad. I just realized the patch installed itself in the D:\Documents drive instead of the original C;\Program file (x86) one.

I replaced  the directory address and now it launches fine. Sorry for the time wasted. N

Oh yeah common issue. It doesn't know where it was installed before so it starts off pointing to the current default. Anyone who did something different (or has had an install as far back as a previous default location) is at risk of this surprise.