BTS, wrt CM2: add-on or separate game?

CM 2 will be a separate game. Hopefully, all advances made will be backwards compatible with CM1 - that is the plan anyway.

------------------

I only open my mouth to change feet.

sauer.gif

[This message has been edited by krm (edited 09-08-2000).]

I kinda wish it could be done as an upgrade, kinda like the old Utah Beach/Velikiye Luki/Market Garden/Gold-Juno-Sword game series by 360 Pacific. I really liked the fact that improvements in the new games were automatically incorporated into the old ones. Oh, well.

------------------

Canada: Where men were men, unless they were horses.

-Dudley Do-right

I kind of wish it was only going to be an upgrade too. I know there are a lot of "graphics hounds" out there that would disagree...

It would be really sweet if we had the core game, and then add-on packs with other areas and countries and years of the war. It would be quicker for them (the time to make upgrades and changes v.s. the time to make a new game). Ultimately it would probably make more money (add-ons would be cheaper than a new game, but if there were several it should eventually amaount to more than the price of a new game) It would keep us with mid-level systems able to play all the "games". Finally, in the end it would give us one frigging huge game!

Yes, I was disappointed at my first sight of a CM2 thread...

Just my opinion.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Clark (edited 09-08-2000).]