Fire and Rubble

Does anyone know the list of missions in Fire and Rubble along with the whole game? ( campaign list )

The module comes with over 20 standalone battles, 2 full sized campaigns and 3 “mini” campaigns...

Is there a mission list somewhere ? (From Fire and Rubble )

Edited by AdamPraha

You can list alphabetically, so all FR are grouped together.  You would still have to load most of them up to get a date though.

I recall others have said they play 'chronologically' so they may come along with suggestions or info.  I think someone once said they were trying to play every battle on every front in chronological order, so they would need a spreadsheet or database to track that I imagine, not to mention adding in new releases when they arrive.

Just a thought @A Canadian Cat - was IanL does your Whose Turn Is It utility have this info in it?  I think it might?  Not sure how accessible it might be for this purpose.

Edited by Vacillator

2 hours ago, Vacillator said:

You can list alphabetically, so all FR are grouped together.  You would still have to load most of them up to get a date though.

I recall others have said they play 'chronologically' so they may come along with suggestions or info.  I think someone once said they were trying to play every battle on every front in chronological order, so they would need a spreadsheet or database to track that I imagine, not to mention adding in new releases when they arrive.

Just a thought @A Canadian Cat - was IanL does your Whose Turn Is It utility have this info in it?  I think it might?  Not sure how accessible it might be for this purpose.

I've always played chronologically ever since Beyond Overlord.

37 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Really? 

Do you have a tracking spreadsheet or whatever?  And out of curiosity where are you up to?  I imagine you mean within particular titles, not within CM as 'a whole (minus the early stuff 😉)'?

Of course you may be twisting my melon(s) man.

49 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

So I'm not the only one.

4 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

I imagine you mean within particular titles, not within CM as 'a whole (minus the early stuff 😉)'?

I'm doing CM as a whole. I was including CM1 in that, but decided that really was too much (though getting a taste of early-war combat was really interesting). But I'm continuing with just CM2, starting from Sicily and with the intention of going all the way to Black Sea (and at a pace of 10-15 scenarios a month, I'm well aware that this is going to take a few years, but maybe that means more NATO armies will be present in CMCW by the time I finish WW2?). I'm currently at the tail end of Sicily, battling my way towards Troina. Although where I'm really currently at is a pause on my chronological playthrough while I focus on testing things that are not set where I'm currently at in the timeline 😉.

Unfortunately I haven't found any easy way to sort my scenarios in chronological order. The system I've come up with is labor intensive, and required renaming all of my scenarios with the date they were set in 'YYYY-MM-DD Original Scenario Title' format. After they're renamed sorting them in alphabetical order automatically puts them in chronological order. It sure would be nice if a future update would add a button to automatically sort scenarios into chronological order based on the date in the scenario data...

2 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Do you have a tracking spreadsheet or whatever? 

No. When I buy a game I just create word documents for both the campaigns, and the battles. If I then find something on Green as jade that interests me I can just insert into my list. Back in the days of CM1 I kept everything in a note pad. 

23 hours ago, Vacillator said:

does your Whose Turn Is It utility have this info in it?

That tool does not. But I do have:

https://www.combatmission.lesliesoftware.com/RedThunder/Scenarios/index.html

Which you can sort by Date and it is updated with the latest information. The whole site is getting updated slowly but Red Thunder has been done. I'll make a formal announcement once the whole thing is up to date.