Kudos to the maker of the new German campaign (but damn is it HARD o_O)

I just wanted to say that I am absolutely loving the new German campaign of the DLC (playing on hard). I think it is one of the most difficult campaigns I have ever played.

I had to replay nearly each and every mission several times once I managed to beat them. The Americans are just so much better equipped, trained than the Germans. Not to mention the fact of their sheer numerical superiority. The Germans are inferior to the Americans in every aspect at this stage of the war.

During my CM carreer I always wanted to avoid save scumming and just roll with the punches but this campaign forced me to relad time after time. Losing a critical asset due to the inexperienced crew failing at the spotting lottery or getting an entire squad obliterated by heavy artillery would have meant that I either restart the whole map or reload a previous save. I chose the latter.

All in all, great scnenarios, my only gripe is that they are a biz puzzle-like and you cannot really complete them "blind", as there is just no way that you can afford the luxury of a Pershing popping out from nowhere and decimating your whole force.

Another thing that I have learned was that TDs are practically useless. The Jagdpanther should be a formidable opponent when on the defensive. Not in this game though. On the one hand TDs have spotting issues (see my other topic) and the due to the fact that tanks always shoot at the enemy's center mass, which happens to be gun mantlet/barrel of a TD. This meant that although the JP was able to withstand 1 or 2 rounds from the shermans but I ALWAYS ended up with a broken gun.

I would have much preferred to have simple PZ IVs with veteran crews at my disposal instead of these semi-useless TDs (rotatable turrets and ample MG ammo are a blessing that I have so far failed to recognize) .

But oh well.

6 hours ago, Erwin said:

Not sure if we have it here.

If you have the CMFB module, you have it.

On 3/15/2024 at 3:21 PM, SDG said:

The Jagdpanther

Did I ever say I like the Jagdpanther 😉?  I agree with what you say though, particularly the gun damage.

Just by way of balance I have a Tiger Ausf B in a PBEM which just took a frontal hit from an ISU122 at less than 50m.  Bounced off.  The return shot from my KT penetrated the ISU.  No-one got out 💀.  You win some you lose some.

Tbh i found it mostly annoying but not that difficult.

There simply isnt at aside from pzf and pzschreck. So battles consist of hiding your inf in reverse slopes or behind buildings while anihilating the american infantry with mortar and arty fire and then hoping to kill the tanks once they push up unsupported.