Combat Mission Shock Force 2 - Invitational Grand Tournament

On 4/27/2024 at 2:48 PM, Andrew Kulin said:

My suggestion is take screen shots of final game scores to have in hand to show Elvis if scores go awry.

The first round of the last Red Thunder tournament, had the problem that everyone who finished before the official end , did not get the points for the a win but the denoted, number of points.

Slitherine Support told me, there is nothing they can do about the score, as it is not possible to rescore a game or change the entries of the points in the tournament list.

On 4/27/2024 at 2:48 PM, Andrew Kulin said:

My suggestion is take screen shots of final game scores to have in hand to show Elvis if scores go awry.

The first round of the last Red Thunder tournament, had the problem that everyone who finished before the official end , did not get the points for the a win but the denoted, number of points.

Slitherine Support told me, there is nothing they can do about the score, as it is not possible to rescore a game or change the entries of the points in the tournament list.

11 hours ago, M.Herm said:

I won that tourney and I’m pretty sure the wrong scores were corrected.

11 hours ago, M.Herm said:

No they were not, I can post the email if you want.

Yeah your right, I went back and looked at the thread. I never got my lost pts back either. Hopefully this will change for the Invitational tourney. Elvis did say it will get corrected eventually. (fingers crossed) 😁

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey @M.Herm sadly my defense or your attack battle keeps crashing. I can watch 14 seconds and then it crashes every time. Tried just skipping my replay but still CTD. Also tried lowering graphics, turning off sound, and graphics card settings to no effect. No mods installed either.

I can't recall ever seeing this before. I'm guessing maybe a certain building being destroyed at a funny angle is causing this. Doubtful there's anything @BFCElvis or anyone at Slitherine can do.

9 hours ago, MeatEtr said:

Hey @M.Herm sadly my defense or your attack battle keeps crashing. I can watch 14 seconds and then it crashes every time. Tried just skipping my replay but still CTD. Also tried lowering graphics, turning off sound, and graphics card settings to no effect. No mods installed either.

I can't recall ever seeing this before. I'm guessing maybe a certain building being destroyed at a funny angle is causing this. Doubtful there's anything @BFCElvis or anyone at Slitherine can do.

Lemme see if I can have them back it up a turn. That may be enough to jog things free and allow the battle to continue.

Which battle is it?

On 6/17/2024 at 12:13 PM, BFCElvis said:

Which battle is it?

Ok I think it's file turn 49 was the last one I received. We just completed the other battle yesterday. Thanks for looking into this. 👍

I don't think @M.Herm has been here to know whats going on. Figure he'll swing by eventually wondering whats the hold up lol.

3 minutes ago, MeatEtr said:

Ok I think it's file turn 49 was the last one I received. We just completed the other battle yesterday. Thanks for looking into this. 👍

I don't think @M.Herm has been here to know whats going on. Figure he'll swing by eventually wondering whats the hold up lol.

Yesterday they told me they would try to back it up a turn.

On 6/17/2024 at 6:16 PM, BFCElvis said:

Also, @M.Herm, do you have any mods installed?

No.

On 6/19/2024 at 12:08 AM, MeatEtr said:

I was just wondering why it does not continue, havent paid attention to the forum the last week. So, apologies for the late reply.

2 hours ago, M.Herm said:

I was just wondering why it does not continue, havent paid attention to the forum the last week. So, apologies for the late reply.

There is a CMSF2-only oddity I’ve noticed when during the setup a unit drops below the map. I’ve seen this only twice, on this map during Reds setup and if memory serves was during the first SF2 beta tourney (posted a pic). Don’t remember where it was on this map. But both times I remember it happens when a unit is moved to a tile near a building near the edge of the map.

I’m guessing this weird spot on the map is getting blown up or a unit drops below the map causing the CTD. Again I’m guessing at this as this could be completely unrelated. 

By the way, may wanna check your game to see if they bumped us back a turn. Might not of sent the email alert for it. Unfortunately you’ll have to redo your last turn. Hopefully we can get back on track and finish this. It was getting good!