Combat Mission Shock Force 2 - Invitational Grand Tournament

@BFCElvis Somethings wrong with the scoring, I Iost pts for some reason. My score went from 2150 down to 1881. Apparently that timed out symbol is the culprit. Not sure why as we finished this game weeks ago with my opponent surrender. I think the other battle is fine.

AAR.thumb.jpg.98a059ed2a4d7344ab1fcbe041a670d5.jpg

scoreerror.jpg.37bdbb0771d53b1d146af52885e70331.jpg

Edited by MeatEtr

13 hours ago, Jackal2100 said:

I have had the same problem in the blitzkrieg tournament. I believe it is a problem with how their scoring system handles surrenders. It counts as if the battle never finished as you never reached the final turn.

Possibly but at one point the proper scores were displayed. 

Here is what I saw when the Tournament ended and what we see right now. 

WT4.pngWT3.png

Now:

WT.pngWT2.png

20 hours ago, Jackal2100 said:

I have had the same problem in the blitzkrieg tournament. I believe it is a problem with how their scoring system handles surrenders. It counts as if the battle never finished as you never reached the final turn.

That does ring a bell as I think this happen to me before in the CMBN tourney when my opponent surrendered there.

6 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Possibly but at one point the proper scores were displayed.

That is interesting! Are you sure that pic was snapped after the tourney? Because it appears it wasnt as it says above the score " Currently playing" and not the "Ended on" date. Which is what I've seen before. It records the scores correctly but then makes the wrong timed out adjustment afterwards. I've never seen a second change in scores post tourney.

In a nutshell, it appears it treats the person accepting the surrender as quitting or timing out as they cant return another file. In other words, the system cant tell the difference between a surrender and somebody quitting. Hence the timed out penalty.

Also, because I think surrenders do sometimes get calculated correctly. Something that might play a factor is who starts the battle and who surrenders. As in, if I start the battle then I can accept the surrender correctly. Where as if my opponent is the battle starter and surrenders then the system miscalculates it.

16 hours ago, MeatEtr said:

That is interesting! Are you sure that pic was snapped after the tourney? Because it appears it wasnt as it says above the score " Currently playing" and not the "Ended on" date. Which is what I've seen before. It records the scores correctly but then makes the wrong timed out adjustment afterwards. I've never seen a second change in scores post tourney.

It possible the the Round wasn't over, even though every battle had been completed.

On 4/15/2024 at 2:18 AM, MeatEtr said:

Oh that’s right, forgot about this, I never got one either. 

So far, two players have never received the AA pick-ups.

I had the honor, irrespective of the mere fact that they are part of the overall atmosphere of the so-called Syrian civil war, they made their contribution under my command, in accordance with their abilities.

On 4/16/2024 at 5:48 PM, BFCElvis said:

It possible the the Round wasn't over, even though every battle had been completed.

Looks like a final calculation as the points that are missing are added to Dawntaker.

39 minutes ago, M.Herm said:

Looks like a final calculation as the points that are missing are added to Dawntaker.

Right now the theory is that 1 of 2 things happened. Either both players did not complete the turns by clicking End from the final AAR screen OR the game did not send the "that was the last turn" message to the servers and a penalty was awarded because a player "stopped playing"/abandoned the battle. 

2 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Right now the theory is that 1 of 2 things happened. Either both players did not complete the turns by clicking End from the final AAR screen OR the game did not send the "that was the last turn" message to the servers and a penalty was awarded because a player "stopped playing"/abandoned the battle. 

My guess is the game isn't sending the "last turn" msg to the server.

@BFCElvis

I've received a weird pbem. It's still called grand invitational tournament round 2 in the description but the title of the scenario is UK Breaking the Bank. On top of that the file seems to be password locked with something that I don't know and never set. Any ideas? I do have one pbem through that's correct for the scenario but I haven't seen the side where I would play uncons yet.

Edited by Dawntaker

1 hour ago, Dawntaker said:

@BFCElvis

I've received a weird pbem. It's still called grand invitational tournament round 2 in the description but the title of the scenario is UK Breaking the Bank. On top of that the file seems to be password locked with something that I don't know and never set. Any ideas? I do have one pbem through that's correct for the scenario but I haven't seen the side where I would play uncons yet.

Andrew got a weird one like that a little while ago. He recieved a battle that he recieved was not a batle he was playing.

It looks like you're playing @cargol. Cargol, have you recieved any of the turn files for Round 2?

5 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Andrew got a weird one like that a little while ago. He recieved a battle that he recieved was not a batle he was playing.

This seems to have been what's happened. There's a SyriaCupressus vs BritsCargol 024 file in my incoming email folder. Not sure how PBEM has sent the wrong file but it has. 

16 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

It looks like you're playing @cargol. Cargol, have you recieved any of the turn files for Round 2?

Yeah, I was about to post also. I got the first file all right (me as Syrian uncon). The second one I received it but after a couple of days when I tried to access it was not there anymore (in progress in PBEM++)

I do  have a PBEM ongoing  with the files named as @Dawntaker indicated.

I had this issue before. Might be that the software which I am using for assistance (Who's turn is it) is messing with the files?

On 4/20/2024 at 5:45 PM, BFCElvis said:

The same thing happened to me and @cargol in the first battle of the CMFB tournament. 

***NEWS ALERT***** After a lot of testing I can officially say that if a battle is not played out to the end of "in game" allowed time it will not score properly. Both Surrenders and Ceasefires are affected. Those scores will display properly until the Round's time has ended. Then penalties that should not apply are applied. Battles fought through to the end of in game time will display the correct scores.

We're working to figure out if it is the severs or the game that is causing this. Until that's sorted out, I strongly recommend playing ALL battles out until the end. Even if it's just clicking the red square each time you get a file. *********

Games that are not completed before a Round is finished can and should have penalties applied. 

5 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

***NEWS ALERT***** After a lot of testing I can officially say that if a battle is not played out to the end of "in game" allowed time it will not score properly. Both Surrenders and Ceasefires are affected. Those scores will display properly until the Round's time has ended. Then penalties that should not apply are applied. Battles fought through to the end of in game time will display the correct scores.

We're working to figure out if it is the severs or the game that is causing this. Until that's sorted out, I strongly recommend playing ALL battles out until the end. Even if it's just clicking the red square each time you get a file. *********

Games that are not completed before a Round is finished can and should have penalties applied. 

That is interesting this effects both CFs and surrenders. Ok then, no cease firing and surrendering. Hope everybody else gets the memo.

Also I take it my score will eventually get manually corrected?

Note to all however in case game auto surrenders which I think is what happened with a Barkmann corner scenario in a recent tournament where my opponent's German side just surrendered in final minute or two, and which then caused scoring problems noted above when we were officially finished at end of round.  So sometimes it might be out of both players' control.

My suggestion is take screen shots of final game scores to have in hand to show Elvis if scores go awry.

On 4/20/2024 at 10:50 PM, Dawntaker said:

This seems to have been what's happened. There's a SyriaCupressus vs BritsCargol 024 file in my incoming email folder. Not sure how PBEM has sent the wrong file but it has. 

A small update on this issue. @Dawntaker will open a ticket with Slitherine. What is really strange is that the file which he received  ''SyriaCupressus vs BritsCargol 024'' is requesting the Syrian password, while in the pbem for this specific game  the odd file numbers request the Syrian password while the even the British. 

@BFCElvis FYI. 

On 4/27/2024 at 8:48 AM, Andrew Kulin said:

Note to all however in case game auto surrenders which I think is what happened with a Barkmann corner scenario in a recent tournament where my opponent's German side just surrendered in final minute or two, and which then caused scoring problems noted above when we were officially finished at end of round.  So sometimes it might be out of both players' control.

My suggestion is take screen shots of final game scores to have in hand to show Elvis if scores go awry.

There is no auto surrender in multiplayer. This only happens against the AI in single player.