Slitherine's PBEM++ notifications

I checked yesterday my one PBEM++ game status from inside game and I had turn.

However email notification had not arrived nor did not arrive today.

Has anyone else found instability on these email notifications? Should I start checking for turns daily?

Edited by Cirrus

I find them to be hit and miss.   I just check for turns regularly.

Wondering aloud now if when you first log on to PBEM+, if you specify that button about sharing your email with your opponent, if that is what causes Slitherine to send you email notifications or not (depending how you choose).  I never really knew what that thing actually did.  Your question just made me think about this as a possibility.

21 hours ago, Cirrus said:

I checked yesterday my one PBEM++ game status from inside game and I had turn.

However email notification had not arrived nor did not arrive today.

Has anyone else found instability on these email notifications? Should I start checking for turns daily?

Maybe check your spam folder.

I also got only occasional turn mails from Slitherine until I noticed that my spam folder got more and more messages in it.

Turned out that I got all the notifications but it was framed as Spam by my Email provider.

10 hours ago, Andrew Kulin said:

Wondering aloud now if when you first log on to PBEM+, if you specify that button about sharing your email with your opponent, if that is what causes Slitherine to send you email notifications or not (depending how you choose). 

No. All that does is place your email in a place that your opponent can see when you start up a game.

6 hours ago, Brille said:

Very good advice. I have had that happen. Not just to Slytherine's mail but lots of things I actually want.

Partly this is some pattern matching by the email providers and partly it comes from user interaction. Have you ever been annoyed at a news letter that you don't remember signing up for or that comes way more often than you are happy with? We all have. If you and a bunch of other people mark them as spam then at a certain point the system may tip everyone's stuff in to the bin. Recently Google prompts with a message checking if you want to unsubscribe instead of report spam for those messages that have an unsubscribe link. I do hope there is careful consideration happening there because unsubscribing from actual spam must confirms a human reads that email box.... We know what that means :D 

10 hours ago, Brille said:

I also got only occasional turn mails from Slitherine until I noticed that my spam folder got more and more messages in it.

Turned out that I got all the notifications but it was framed as Spam by my Email provider.

Sure. I did that already. I actually do every day anyways. Because of email redirector etc. etc. gmail throws lots of mail to spam.

2 hours ago, Cirrus said:

Sure. I did that already. I actually do every day anyways. Because of email redirector etc. etc. gmail throws lots of mail to spam.

Are you positive that the email address that you use when logging in through the game is the same email address associated with your Matrix account?

13 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Are you positive that the email address that you use when logging in through the game is the same email address associated with your Matrix account?

Yes I am sure. Maybe I should have been clear that I received notifications up to turn 36. Turn 38 notification is missing. And for next I still can`t say.

Edited by Cirrus