KURSK by Roman Toeppel (Modern Mil History Series)

I have it and like it. Toeppel covers issues like the lack of effective Russian anti-tank guns in large numbers (57mm), effective performance of the Ferdinand and the ability of the Luftwaffe to make itself felt when it did show up. Some of the strategic analysis has been done elsewhere (e.g. Mark Healy) but a good buy if you don't already have a modern book on the subject. And reads easier than a David Glanz😀...

2 hours ago, Centurian52 said:

That's good to hear. I have a couple of David Glanz books that are waiting their turn in my reading lineup. I took a peak at them already and they don't look easy to get through.

Try Colossus Reborn, your eyes will water. Probably the best book I ever read though.

Take a look at "Demolishing the Myth: Tank Battle at Prokhorovka" if your interested in the just the tank part of Citadel. I'm just reading the Russian use of anti-tank strongpoints manned by "destroyer anti-tank artillery units" who got a bonus for destroying german tanks, made up of regiment and brigade level units with 20+ guns of 45mm/76mm guns, some even with APCR.

Glantz has published a book "Defensive tactics at Kursk" which you should be able to get as a free PDF somewhere on the web, it has usable maps and is only 60+ pages, very easy to read.