Wargaming Current Ukrainian-Russo War

BF is concerned about the politics of the situation. However, GMT has a cardboard sim on the current war: 

https://insidegmt.com/defiance-design-happy-hour-partisan-sof-operations-vs-regular-russian-forces/

"...simulation of the 2nd Russo-Ukrainian War, beginning with Volume 1: Miracle on Dnipro: Kyiv & Chernihiv campaign, from time to time. ...a simulation regarding an ongoing conflict..."

There's a very long thread on Board Game Geek about this. Perhaps the fact that the board game is operational level makes a difference to some people?

The game is being designed by veteran (some use the term legendary) board wargame designer Mark Hermann. Some of you may recognize the names of some of the posters in the thread.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/3074967/ukraine-modeling-ongoing-conflict-defiance-module

On 1/18/2024 at 4:57 PM, Vacillator said:

I don't really know GMT, but I think I prefer BFC's stance on this.

What is BFC's stance? Link?

16 hours ago, Sequoia said:

There's a very long thread on Board Game Geek about this.

Some of you may recognize the names of some of the posters in the thread.

Yes, it's the usual loons.

58 minutes ago, Rob2020 said:

What is BFC's stance? Link?

Well, here for example.  I think on page 2 of the thread Steve makes more than one comment:

EDIT:  In fact in the first post he says

ADDITIONAL NOTE - the planned expansion for CMBS has been permanently shelved due to the ongoing war.  This decision was our own, however Slitherine was 100% in agreement with us.  It is nice to work with people who don't value money over all else.

He mentions making comments elsewhere on the cancelling of the BS module but I haven't gone looking for them as I don't play the modern titles.

Edited by Vacillator