v1.07 fix for Mac users

BFCElvis

Some Mac users have reported mis-named units. The fix has been discovered.

The cold war v107.brz file had become corrupted in the installers. New installers are being created. In the meantime, I have created a link to a good version of the brz file on the Patches page of our website. Download the file from the link on that page, unzip it and place the brz file in your Data folder, replacing the file that you currently have there.

If you had reverted your version to v1.06 you will still need to install the v1.07 patch and then apply the brz file. 

https://www.battlefront.com/patches

12 minutes ago, Halmbarte said:

I think I will let someone else test this in the wild as I kinda got burned the last time. H

There is no installer for this. If you want to safely test this without worry, use copy/paste and remove your current v1.07 brz file from the Data folder. Then place the new on in the Data folder. If it doesn't work then you can copy/paste your existing one back into the folder.

5 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

There is no installer for this. If you want to safely test this without worry, use copy/paste and remove your current v1.07 brz file from the Data folder. Then place the new on in the Data folder. If it doesn't work then you can copy/paste your existing one back into the folder.

Both Jeff Smith and I tested this. I checked several scenarios and so did he, and it fixed the problem. Also, the "new" 1.07 .brz really isn't new and untested. It's just the one from the Windows version and that has been working fine. There was just something corrupted about the Mac installer. I wouldn't worry. If it doesn't work, well, it didn't work before. 🙂

If you are still on 1.06, then do this:

Relabel the CW directory to "Combat Mission Cold War - 1.06" or something like that , just so it's not the default installation name.

Download a fresh 1.07 CW full installer

Install using defaults. 

Don't even try to run it yet, but replace the 1.07 .brz file with the new one.

Now you can run it.

If it doesn't work, just delete that whole installation and go back to using 1.06 (it will work).

Dave