NATO Joint Military Symbology

Hello everyone, I have decided to make a mod to replace the unit icons with NATO symbols, there's a few mods that already sort of do that but this one prioritizes clarity, conciseness and adherence to APP-6(C) to the best of my abilities. Currently all the vanilla and DLC icons have been replaced but I'll be revising my work in the following days and making updates, hopefully I'll be able to get some feedback here as well.

image.jpeg

capture_010_19122023_164739.jpg

image.jpeg

CMSF2 - NATO Joint Military Symbology by Locating.zip

On 12/20/2023 at 12:07 AM, Locating said:

Hello everyone, I have decided to make a mod to replace the unit icons with NATO symbols, there's a few mods that already sort of do that but this one prioritizes clarity, conciseness and adherence to APP-6(C) to the best of my abilities. Currently all the vanilla and DLC icons have been replaced but I'll be revising my work in the following days and making updates, hopefully I'll be able to get some feedback here as well.

image.jpeg

capture_010_19122023_164739.jpg

image.jpeg

CMSF2 - NATO Joint Military Symbology by Locating.zip 196.57 kB · 3 downloads

Nice job thank you to share it, have just another style from friend @Bil Hardenberger he was making also something similar in case you want to have more ideas or change something, here are the british but all nations are include for sf2 !

here a pic.

4j2Di0O.jpg

1 hour ago, JM Stuff said:

Nice job thank you to share it, have just another style from friend @Bil Hardenberger he was making also something similar in case you want to have more ideas or change something, here are the british but all nations are include for sf2 !

here a pic.

4j2Di0O.jpg

Oh those are nice for sure, I personally don't like the equipment icons because they're less instantly recognized by most people (the oval/pill shape for armor is iconic and well known) but for the context of combat mission they're honestly more appropriate, all I can say about his implementation is that you're supposed to put those in a circle, but you only got 32x32 pixels to work with so I respect his decision to use as much space as possible.

1 hour ago, Locating said:

Oh those are nice for sure, I personally don't like the equipment icons because they're less instantly recognized by most people (the oval/pill shape for armor is iconic and well known) but for the context of combat mission they're honestly more appropriate, all I can say about his implementation is that you're supposed to put those in a circle, but you only got 32x32 pixels to work with so I respect his decision to use as much space as possible.

Yes I respect your choices, and do not want to change it in any way.

Also because this mod is not included in the current CMMODs IV but only in the previous CMMODs III which is no longer available now because the site has been pirated, there is a second one which is similar to yours and in 32x32 just in case there are certain patterns which could interest you.

It's sometimes interesting to know that a mod exists, it saves time and sometimes gives you ideas that you don't always think about, 

...all the credits go to the same modder above!

overview 

nkpE5F6.jpg