CMFI CMAK2 TUNISIA 43 PBEM DAR

Nope, not an ASL translation. Just an old map I had that I spruced up a bit. Dusted off some old mods as well.

It is a QB map but doesn't have any AI plans for playing against the computer enemy. 

My buddy Chris is Scottish. I think he prefers a QB so he can exercise his national attribute of being a bit...shall we say frugal(?) with his unit purchases. :D 

I am just joking. He likes QB versus a scenario with particular units mandated.

1 hour ago, AlexUK said:

It seems like forever since there has been a DAR - great that you are doing one🙂

I have done a couple lately. Here are links...

https://community.battlefront.com/topic/141673-cmfi-cmak2-afrika-mods-explosion/?do=findComment&comment=2009797

https://community.battlefront.com/topic/142292-how-to-make-a-big-mod-test-dummy-log/?do=findComment&comment=2006188

Edited by kohlenklau

The PBEM commences. A big desert map. 4km x 4km. I forget who made it. Did I make it? I forget. It doesn't say who made it. I don't think I made it.

439-in-prog.png

I have it on meeting engagement medium battle size so I think that is around 3000 points we both get. He will buy some Tigers I bet. Ouch.

2800 points or so it gave me. I got a platoon of Detroit's finest Shermans and some armored infantry in half-tracks with 57mm ATG's plus some more 81mm mortars and an M7 Priest. I have a few jeeps with a flamethrower and a breach team. GAMEY aint I? Everybody is regular and normal just like me and my friends.

From my US setup zone (a strip along the northwest edge) I race a jeep to Poste de Lessouda. Private Ronson has his flamethrower. The jeep took thr paved road most of the way but then popped it into 4WD and will make the final approach off road. I imagined a German AP round coming straight down the road and nailing the jeep.

440-in-prog.png

Edited by kohlenklau

Dang. I already have a vehicle immobilized. Maybe it bogged first. No idea. The squad will hoof it onward or maybe I send an available half-track to pick them up. Pappagoat's usfieldjacket mod and his half-track with 48 star flag and dust.

441-in-prog.png

I just had 2 other boggings but the drivers worked it out on their own and were able to press onward. Now a tank bogs but makes it out ok. Pappagoat Tunisian Sherman with yellow band around turret.

442-in-prog.png

I am sending the mortar platoon HQ with binoculars up to the top of a big hill. LT "Jerry" Springer is tiring but still headed up.

443-in-prog.png

I haven't spotted any of his forces yet...BELAY THAT! We have spotted several tanks. Panzer IV's. No Tigers yet.

Edited by kohlenklau

I got my first Imobb from bogging.  1 Panzer stuck in a really dodgy position.  That was a really lucky, or unlucky shot depending on your point of view,  on the halftrack :D  My infantry are wondering how they are going to get anywhere seeing as the Commander forgot to put in a requisition order for trucks, bicycles or even skateboards!

I am quite bad at the old Combat Mission so I need all the help I can get and reading Phil's posts might give me a minor defeat instead of a major defeat! :D 

OK, I finally nailed one of his tanks with my 57mm ATG. 3 rounds in the front hull. It shrugged off the first low hit and backed away, then the 2nd shot brewed her up and the 3rd was my guys just wasting precious ammo.

448-in-prog.png

He has 1 other tank immobilized due to sand in the bogey wheels or whatever. It is in a bad spot and maybe I can get a rear shot and brew her up later in the battle. I am coming around his left flank...

447-in-prog.png

He hit my M7 Priest with an HE round that killed a few of the crew but "The Texas Special" still lives. My old 2 cent mod and the vehicle name covered by gear. Oops.

449-in-prog.png

My tanks in the main town Sidi Bou Zid fired and hit his Panzer III &5mm. It just caused spalling. 2+km range.

450-in-prog.png

Then one of his Mark IV's nailed one of my flanking Shermans. It HAD been cruising along very fast but then went offroad and slowed significantly. Oops.

451-in-prog.png

Edited by kohlenklau

40 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Those elevations look wieeeeeeerrrdd.  Can you/he drive anything up there?

I didn't make this map but it is condensed geographically to try and show the mountain passes.

It looks like most of those decorative areas have rocky terrain "fence" to prevent entry by vehicles.

• 3 weeks later...