CMFI KOREA 1950 MOD PBEM DAR "Patton's Ghost"

3 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

I will strive to make a better map here soon...

Thanks for your inputs!

No intention here to order you around bro, or to dictate your priorities, your creative efforts here, as elsewhere, are utterly fantastic. My point is that all the map clutter isn't just about making it look 'authentic'.

...Yes, we are quite of the same vintage, and yes I'm Canadian originally and always in my heart, although I've lived over half my life outside the True North Strong and Free and am now on my seventh country.

Cheers!

The battlefront briefly stabilizes in the center just as my right flank collapses.

But one of my teams was on antiarmor purple arc and was getting fired upon by one of his squads in a building.

428-in-prog.png

I moved my tank up on FAST with pretargeted brief fire to that building at the end of the movement.

A position that SHOULD shield me from his tank. Hmmm, I also did NOT yet detect his Super Bazookas. Hmmm. I do fear those weapons!

426-in-prog.png

427-in-prog.png

Let me conduct a mouseketeer roll call and give out my status of forces., a.k.a. what guys are still alive?

I quickly looked and report I have only one HQ unit still out there, 3PltHQ. Then a suicide-hero breach team. AND then about 2 squads of men in broken status. Mismatched detachments mostly. AND the gun watching the left flank.

PLUS THE LONE FALCON T-34/85.

Edited by kohlenklau

We didn't lock horns last night but I did play a few turns back to see the US assault on the police headquarters.

In hindsight after those reviews, it wasn't such a big assault. Maybe he sent in wisely just 1 detached team? Maybe 3 or 4 guys. 1 with the BAR got pegged but the others made it out amazingly. Now he is using his tank to blast holes in the walls. He blasted in the corner by SGT Song's KO tank. He blasted in another part of the wall as well. 

In a back alley of Osan, some broken KPA conscripts have ambushed a US Army team and then forced the survivors to all surrender.

Not depicted...My remaining suicide-hero is trying to get to the Library to stop an entire squad from surrendering. We'll see about the results of that in a turn or 2.

432-in-prog.png

433-in-prog.png

434-in-prog.png

LT Jeon's tank is ordered to speed forward near the high school, pivot and reverse into a good spot. I guess FRAPS only allows me 30 seconds of movie time. The clip ended before you got the chance to see Jeon's gunner fire off a shot "on the fly" which tore into the right drive sprocket of the Easy Eight. The Sherman backed away so it is still in the fight. In the distance by the corner of the walled Police Headquarters is SGT Song's now burning tank...

Edited by kohlenklau

Here is an overhead view of where things are at. It looks bleak for my Commie Ba$tards. I had the gun crew ditch the weapon and head into town to earn their pay. I moved a broken conscript team to another building. AND of course the suicide-hero's big charge to the library to return that overdue book before it closes. This next turn I also move the tank to a new spot with some pauses during the movement. Below you can see 3 small smokes he dropped which billow out bigger so my tank might get smoke cover courtesy of Uncle Sam? The Police HQ boys were AGAIN close assaulted and are either KIA or in panic mode and will give up the ghost any second in the next turn. 

435-in-prog.png

THE LIBRARY:

The suicide duo take out or force to surrender the US forces INSIDE the library and grenade away a 2nd US charge. The leader is killed by tank fire but his #2 seems still in the fight. The surrendering conscripts did not return to the fight...

436-in-prog.png

THE HOSPITAL:

The gun crew got there safely and eventually the surrendering conscripts stopped that action and grabbed their weapons again.

437-in-prog.png

JEON'S TANK:

He pulled out into the street and got hit by a Super Bazooka. It killed 1 of 5 crewmen and they are in panic mode. Looks rough.

THE POLICE HQ:

He is blasting away but all my guys are surrendering.

438-in-prog.png

Edited by kohlenklau

OK, I have thrown in the towel and all my remaining troops will hide with a small covered arc I guess so he can head to the exit zone. Then we will determine if he is victorious I guess.

This is a player determined conclusion.

He KO'd my last tank...

Edited by kohlenklau

It was a great battle Phil.  You really put together a challenging scenario.  After losing two Easy-Eights, I wasn't sure I'd be able to pull this off against your force.  It was cat and mouse with the Sherman stalking, and in turn, being stalked, by that T34.  Once I blew extra holes in the walls at the police station, I was able to swarm the last few survivors there.  

• 3 weeks later...