Using the mission editor questions.

Magnum50

Never even opened the mission editor till tonight, and I've been playing the CM series since the very first one. 20+ years ago. lol

Q1. Anyone know of a good tutorial, either written or maybe someone made a video example of it? (of course, now that I think of it, might be one in the digital manual.)

Q2. I'm looking to do some simple test missions, I was trying to set up basic missions with mainly a platoon size element, or maybe company at the most. I was looking to recreate some of the classic Tank Platoon missions in Cold War. But looking at the unit options it's making me purchase large formations. I don't want those, I simply want a platoon of tanks and maybe some basic infantry, mortar, or AT support. Is there a simple way just to make these kinds of missions or does everything have to be set to proper TO&E?

Thx in advance.

16 hours ago, Magnum50 said:

Q2. I'm looking to do some simple test missions, I was trying to set up basic missions with mainly a platoon size element, or maybe company at the most. I was looking to recreate some of the classic Tank Platoon missions in Cold War. But looking at the unit options it's making me purchase large formations. I don't want those, I simply want a platoon of tanks and maybe some basic infantry, mortar, or AT support. Is there a simple way just to make these kinds of missions or does everything have to be set to proper TO&E?

You select the formation and delete what you don't need.