CMRT FRANCE 1940 MOD

Yes. I am crazy. Tell me something I don't know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Net control, this is kohlenklau, conducting rant, over.----

If I win POWERBALL these BFC folks will dance to MY fiddle.

But until then I must deal with their disregard. The tiny little things they COULD have done to make the game have a timeframe flexibility.

Since CMBB they are much more attuned to financial impacts to every line of code.

Their motto became "Give them less".

Rant complete. Out.

P.S. I do appreciate the Schwimmwagen you added because of my tenacious demands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CMRT appeals because of the ATR! A lot of 1940 scenarios have ATR's in the OOB.

I have already had one PBEM using the Soviets as the French and the Germans were used as the ..uh...oh yeah..the Germans.

I used Soviet Recon Company which has mostly rifles and I "exit trapped" the SMG teams.

I used 1944 Axis Stragglers purchased at poor quality to get no panzerfausts.

I think the ATR didn't actually accomplish anything for my PBEM opponent. @Heinrich505 

The DAR had screenshots over in the CMFI forum.

Link here...

Edited by kohlenklau

Just now, kohlenklau said:

I guess you are saying I am retarded?  :(

It is what it is.

I gotta do what I gotta do.

No, I had to do the substitution and also substitute a 4th squad in my German platoons for my 1942 TOE. 

When will BFC get to 1942? Never? Give us mod support. 

Moving to CMx3? Give us mod support. 

1 minute ago, kohlenklau said:

yes, I know what you mean. But if the downloader understands this then the goal can still be met.

"ENJOY SOME CM THAT HAS BEEN MODDED TO BE DIFFERENT BUT WITHIN LIMITATIONS"

Meh even I dont care to have my 4th squad be split between three seperate teams. I can live with using partisans for AT rifles, or using Luftwaffe with their silly helmets for the pak36. Or the kriegsmarine for their mg34 teams and their 50mm mortars. 

Wake me up when Fall Blau is attempted.

well, anyway, I am NOT here just to moan and groan. I am just human. I did buy the games and agree not to make money off them. I am allowed to mod and try to have fun and offer my creations for free.

That said...

I am trying to see what I can make here in CMRT that I cannot in the other titles like CMFI and CMBN.

So, press forward without regard to Steve and Charles and any of their apologists.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will make a FRANCE 1940 scenario here and you all can watch and see if you would want to try it.

https://www.aslscenarioarchive.com/scenario.php?id=58779

GREEN JACKET'S BRIDGE (original ASL scenario by Evan Sherry)

to be continued

What a day. I hopped to various chores and back to blender many times with many failures. But as usual I did have an idea and I successfully got it into the game. The animation of how the soldier holds the weapon is not exactly historical. I don't know how to swap that without messing up something else. Screenshot of work in progress for the texture uv mapping...

Boys ATR for CMRT BEF 1940 Mod

273-in-prog.png

Edited by kohlenklau

On 7/9/2023 at 6:13 PM, Artkin said:

or using Luftwaffe with their silly helmets for the pak36.

oh, I just noticed you said that. You have the FJ helmet for those crews? You CAN mod it to the regular stalhelm. I have done that several times. I have that mod you can just take and use.

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

oh, I just noticed you said that. You have the FJ helmet for those crews? You CAN mod it to the regular stalhelm. I have done that several times. I have that mod you can just take and use.

Eh I really don't want to use 100 mods in my games. The panzer IV (This one even works in winter) and stug kz models you provided are excellent though, don't get me wrong. I use them often.

The point is to create a Fall Blau or/then Stalingrad campaign which isn't heavily dependent on using mods. Btw the boys model looks good, glad it worked for you, but again crazy that you have to resort to modding cmrt to get an AT rifle.

For the dirty half-dozen who follow my half-baked efforts, I report that I just had a damn fun time acting out the "Green Jacket's Bridge" scenario using CMRT. I played it hot seat versus myself. It had an awesome BEF1940 vibe to it. A few Russian voices leaked in and I figured out that I have that Red Orchestra R.O. enhanced Russian voice pack in my z. I had moved it up front in my z thinking it would be overwritten as my bef1940 mod loaded but I guess R.O. probably has more file numbers. Lesson learned. 

I again used an "SMG filter" exit zone to drain off my SMG's from the Allied side. I think I ended up with just one Thompson SMG on the allied OOB held by the Troop Commander 2nd Lieutenant Barr. Uhhh, let's see. The officer won it in a poker game? Uhhh, he found it at the loading dock at Lester-sheister-sister-shire? Some semi-plausible reason. :D The Brens were firing away and a Vickers as well. The 2 Boys and Girls ATR's didn't nail any of the German AFV's in my test. The 2" mortars were firing away nicely. 

I will continue with the mods associated with this project and also continue polishing the scenario. Maybe next is a play against a buddy in PBEM. If I ever do an AI plan it would just be for the German attack I guess.

I have asked for a quote from the UK air recon website out of Edinburgh for an aerial photo from May of 1940 that covers Les Attaques. My current CM map is based on GE google earth and old photos and just looking in GE to see what looks newer and would not be there in 1940. I also found a cheap used book about the battle. It is on the way. The guy who wrote it survived the battle but was assassinated by the IRA years later. Not a political comment, just a sad fact.

I will soon be the proud owner of an RAF aerial recon photo from May 1940. Should I put it in a frame by my bedside?

The scenario presses nicely forward. The book "The Flames of Calais" should be here Monday. It has about 8 pages describing this action. I will examine every word.

Meanwhile, my German aufklarungs gruppe takes shape from my imagination.

275-in-prog.png

Edited by kohlenklau