Ressources for CMRT-Campaigns

Mr.X

During map-making, I had to think about the wonderful possibilities to create new content for CMRT. So, I collected some theatres, which would be worth

to be included in campaigns or single missions. May be, there are campaigns/missions including theese yet, but the mayority of contents (my personal feeling) is about 

the Berlin Battle...

Here is my list - any extension is appreciated 👍

Northern Region

1. The battle of the Narwa-Bridgehead during the time frame June/July 1944

2. The battle of the so called "Tannenberg-Stellung" during the last Days of July 1944

3. The ferocious fighting of the "Kurland-Bridgehead" from October 1944 till the end of the war.

4. The battle of the East Prussian Border during October 1944...Nemmersdorf, Gumbinnen

5. The battle of the Fortress Koenigsberg from January to April 1944

6. The savage fighting for the last Axis Bridgeheads at the Baltic Sea during March 1945...for example the bridgehead Heiligenbeil

7. The defensive battles of Army Group Vistula with the battle of Danzig at the end in March 1945

8. The battles of the Axis Operation "Sonnenwende" in Pommerania during February 1945

Central Region

1. The battle of the Bridgehead Kuestrin at the Oder-Line from February to April 1945

2. The ferocious battle of the Bridgehead Altdamm in March 1945

3. The huge defensive battles near Warszaw from August to November 1944

4. The defensive battles along the front in Poland in January 1945 and the Axis Retreat to the Oder-River

5. The last defensive battles of Axis Forces in the region west of the Oder-River in Mecklenburg from April to May 1945

6. The counter attack of Army Group "Steiner" in April 1945 

7. The battle of the "Halbe-Pocket" south of Berlin in April 1945 

8. The Siege of Breslau from February to May 1945

9. The savage battles which took place in Czechoslovakia during the last weeks of the war 1945

10. The Battle of Bautzen in late April 1945

11. The Battle of Lauban in March 1945 

South Region

1. The huge tank battles near Debreczen in September/October 1944

2. The Siege of Budapest from December to February 1944/45

3. The Axis Operation "Spring Awakening" in March 1945

4. The Battle of the "Gran-Bridgehead" in February 1945

5. The desperate retreat of Axis Forces from Hungary during March/April 1945 

6. The Battle of Vienna in April 1945

7. The Battle of Szekesferhervar during Feburary 1945

8. The Operations "Konrad I-III" in January 1945

And I am sure, there are lots of more interesting regions and battles...

Regards

Mr.X

The pack of campaigns I create at the moment is only a very small cutout of the whole CMRT world and it alrready costs month of work. 
The list above should - of course - only be a kind of suggestion for what was theoretically possible for designers. To do all these things would be a project for more than one lifetime 🤪

Regards

Mr.X

On 3/27/2023 at 7:57 AM, Aragorn2002 said:

All battles that deserve more attention. I agree. Especially the fighting for Eastern Prussia, Bautzen and Lauban.

Agreed. No one talks about these battles, and I believe some of them were actually decisive victories for the Wehrmacht. I think the siege of Vienna would also be interesting.