Failure to launch.

sonar

CM titles don't play nice with OSX updates sometimes. A couple things to try if you haven't already:

1. Right click and select "Open" instead of just clicking on the icon. This may work because it bypasses the Apple signed check. It may still ask you are you sure or something similar - read the buttons carefully because the default is to stop/cancel.

2. Along with 1., you may have to do this 2 or 3 times before it takes.

3. When it does work, it can take a LOOOOOONGGGG time for it to start up, so make sure you wait it out. And if you've done anything else on your computer while waiting, it could be minimized and you can wake it up by clicking on dock icon and voila. My advice, click, go get a cup of coffee, (or a stiff drink if you are on the 5th try), and come back to see if it started.

For an unknown reason, RT seems more susceptible than the rest to this issue.  I think when I upgraded to Ventura it took about 5 times to get it to start and it still took a while. But the good news is once you get past this hump, it will start very quickly like normal (1-2 seconds).

I hope this helps and you get it running.

Dave

6 hours ago, Ultradave said:

it will start very quickly like normal (1-2 seconds)

Dave, just for the record, on my PC RT has just taken 3 minutes and 25 seconds to get to the first selection screen.  It takes this sort of time on the first load every day, and is then a bit quicker on subsequent loading the same day.  I have a shed load of mods and stuff, presumably part of the problem.  But perhaps I should buy a Mac for CM use...

1 hour ago, sonar said:

Hi.

Thanks for you reply, unfortunately no luck. After four or five attempts at launching it will appear in the activity monitor for about 10 secs then off.

Anyone have any suggestions ?

Is this ONLY with RT? Other CM titles work ok? 

Not sure I'll have anything better knowing this answer, but it's good to know.

Dave