Bugged line of sight in CMBS campaign "Crossing the Dnieper", mission 4 "First Contact"

It's the third apartment block from the right looking north of the "Market Square" objective, for some reason I can't target it from any angle and distance when I should clearly have line of sight.

I'm also pretty sure that the AI struggles to target anything in that specific building block but I'm not sure, might be that they just get suppressed too fast.

Definitely something to look into.

Capture.thumb.PNG.8076afbd63f46f7e34530483f03f2d9a.PNG

They don't differentiate between LOS and LOF. For buildings they don't let you fire inside the building because you don't have an LOS inside the building which is obvious. Once you receive fire from a building and have full contact you can fire. In your picture there is an obstruction, which is where the blue line becomes the pink line which you don't show. Scenario MG Campaign Road to Nijmegen first Mission. Germans inside the building could fire at my units but my units couldn't plot an area fire prior the attack. Deployment was the wheatfield. I found a spot for the Browning MG which could. It depends on terrain the obstruction was the wheatfield once deployed the MG didn't have an LOS the wheatfield was the obstruction. Next time publish your firing position too. Now I gave mine subjective opinion. 

Edited by chuckdyke

I seem to recall that LOF to the upper floors of buildings will show as blocked when the ground floor is obstructed.  In this instance the blockage would be the building sitting directly in front of the building you are drawing the LOF too.  However, the TAC AI will still spot units on the upper floor as well as fire at them on their own.  You just can't manually area target those floors of the building.  At least that's what I remember someone saying about these types of situations.

10 hours ago, ASL Veteran said:

I seem to recall that LOF to the upper floors of buildings will show as blocked when the ground floor is obstructed.  In this instance the blockage would be the building sitting directly in front of the building you are drawing the LOF too.  However, the TAC AI will still spot units on the upper floor as well as fire at them on their own.  You just can't manually area target those floors of the building.  At least that's what I remember someone saying about these types of situations.

Yes, now you mention it I can recall it as well. I guess that's what happened with my wheatfield. The wheat was blocking the LOS to the first-floor tiles. 

11 hours ago, ASL Veteran said:

I seem to recall that LOF to the upper floors of buildings will show as blocked when the ground floor is obstructed. 

Correct.

but IIRC BFC made some improvements to this a few years ago. It used to be far worse than it is today.