How many missions are there in US 79 campaign, and why it ends as draw in my game?

Chibot Mk IX

So far I am in the 2nd half of US 79 Campaign mission 5. I accidentally hit ceasefire, then the campaign ends???

I thought there should be 8 missions? That's what I read?

And almost every mission is a Major--Minor victory why the campaign ends as a draw?

GbwoSCu.jpg

DjRtzHF.jpgg]

qGkjYHl.jpg

f1BIUlQ.jpg

dfYxiHd.jpg

wRwLr7y.jpg

Edited by Chibot Mk IX

There are 8 campaign missions if you go all the way.  How you win or lose the campaign is where one gets off the train, not how well you rode on it.  So if you make it to Mission 5 and leave it pulls a draw.  You do better the further down the track you go.  There is a victory track and defeat track (don’t have the tree on me right now), if you get off on one track or the other there is also a campaign ending difference but it is slight.  For example you were on 5a I suspect which dropping out yields a draw.  If you were on 5b, it should have given you a minor defeat.

When you think about it, it makes sense.  I mean you only just stopped the Soviets and never defeated their main effort.  Lemme dig out the campaign tree and confirm.

On 1/31/2023 at 7:10 PM, The_Capt said:

There are 8 campaign missions if you go all the way.  How you win or lose the campaign is where one gets off the train, not how well you rode on it.  So if you make it to Mission 5 and leave it pulls a draw.  You do better the further down the track you go.  There is a victory track and defeat track (don’t have the tree on me right now), if you get off on one track or the other there is also a campaign ending difference but it is slight.  For example you were on 5a I suspect which dropping out yields a draw.  If you were on 5b, it should have given you a minor defeat.

When you think about it, it makes sense.  I mean you only just stopped the Soviets and never defeated their main effort.  Lemme dig out the campaign tree and confirm.

a Campaign tree will definitely help us . I usually check this website  http://www.combatmission.lesliesoftware.com but they haven't update it for a long time. 

So how do I continue the campaign to achieve a victory ?  Don't hit ceasefire and continue the battle to the last minute? 

at least for now, when I hit cease fire , it gives me a minor victory in mission 5a

thx

1 hour ago, Chibot Mk IX said:

a Campaign tree will definitely help us . I usually check this website  http://www.combatmission.lesliesoftware.com but they haven't update it for a long time. 

So how do I continue the campaign to achieve a victory ?  Don't hit ceasefire and continue the battle to the last minute? 

at least for now, when I hit cease fire , it gives me a minor victory in mission 5a

thx

Go back to a previous save before you hit ceasefire and go from there.  You'll redo some amount but you'll be able to keep going.

Dave

1 hour ago, Chibot Mk IX said:

thx

Ya the problem is with your victory threshold.  You need a "tactical victory" to advance on to Mission 6, if you finish the game below that it kicks you out into a Draw at the point you are in.  So I would either replay or go back to an earlier save.  You really want to play Scenarios 6-8, they were some of the best we did and 7 is a monster size-wise.