CAS bombs not dropping

mowen

Currently playing the second mission of the British campaign. Called in the harrier and it makes an attack run, "drops a bomb" but nothing hits the map. It's made 2 attack runs. 2 bombs are missing from its ammo count but nothings impacted the map. Any ideas what's going on?

I suspect the bomb landed off map - is your target near a map edge?  It isn't obvious with airstrikes but you'll often seen artillery and mortar rounds landing off map, particularly when spotting rounds are being fired if your aim point is near a map edge.  In short, if my assumptions are correct this is normal behaviour and not a bug.

15 hours ago, Combatintman said:

I suspect the bomb landed off map - is your target near a map edge?  It isn't obvious with airstrikes but you'll often seen artillery and mortar rounds landing off map, particularly when spotting rounds are being fired if your aim point is near a map edge.  In short, if my assumptions are correct this is normal behaviour and not a bug.

I checked for that and didn't see anything landing off map

Been a long time since I played the SF2, but I have a memory of noticing this a couple of times - I think in the German campaign IIRC. Think I posted about it too. Checked closely for stuff falling off-map, but nothing. Just like what @mowen describes. Did some brief testing but never got to the bottom of it due to lack of time/effort.

2 hours ago, zmoney said:

It happens to me when I am targeting the bottom floor of a multi story building. As rocketman stated, I believe someone from BFC looked into it but could not figure out how to iron it out.

What specifically were you targeting? 

Just open terrain on an area target. the main objective of the second mission of the British campaign