Black Screen Crash on every Combat Mission Game I own.

Hello, for a while now I have been experiencing random black screen crashes on every Combat Mission game that I own. This has never occurred on other games except for steel beasts pro pe. I have tried everything I can think of to solve this issue including removing/replacing my PC's RAM, updating every driver on my PC, messing around with the NVIDIA Control Panel settings, turning on and off shaders, etc.... Attached below are my system details and the event log. If anyone has ideas as to what could be causing this, I would greatly appreciate it.

System:

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version    10.0.19044 Build 19044
Other OS Description     Not Available
OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer    ASUS
System Model    All Series
System Type    x64-based PC
System SKU    All
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends Inc. 0902, 5/12/2014
SMBIOS Version    2.8
Embedded Controller Version    255.255
BIOS Mode    Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product    Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac)
BaseBoard Version    Rev 1.xx
Platform Role    Desktop
Secure Boot State    Unsupported
PCR7 Configuration    Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory    C:\WINDOWS
System Directory    C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device    \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale    Japan
Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "10.0.19041.1741"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory    15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory    11.8 GB
Total Virtual Memory    31.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory    27.2 GB
Page File Space    16.0 GB
Page File    C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection    Off
Virtualization-based security    Not enabled
Device Encryption Support    Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions    Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions    Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware    No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection    Yes

Event Details:

- System

- Provider
      [ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000
      [ Qualifiers] 0

Version 0

Level 2

Task 100

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2022-07-09T21:59:55.3977274Z

EventRecordID 58921

Correlation

- Execution
      [ ProcessID] 0
      [ ThreadID] 0

Channel Application

Computer Ben-PC

Security
- EventData
      CM Black Sea.exe
      60ae89a3
      nvoglv32.dll
      62b4ea8b
      c0000409
      00f01848
      11a0
      01d893de8a01f276
      D:\Combat Mission Black Sea\CM Black Sea.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispig.inf_amd64_246e95e4066041ad\nvoglv32.dll
      569b1246-6109-481d-9044-08f3bad8118e

Also this occurred just prior:

- System

- Provider
      [ Name] NVIDIA OpenGL Driver

- EventID 1
      [ Qualifiers] 49152

Version 0

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2022-07-09T21:59:54.7965752Z

EventRecordID 58920

Correlation

- Execution
      [ ProcessID] 0
      [ ThreadID] 0

Channel Application

Computer Ben-PC

Security
- EventData
      Unable to recover from a kernel exception. The application must close. Error code: 3 (subcode 2) (pid=4512 tid=13096 cm black sea.exe 32bit) Visit http://www.nvidia.com/page/support.html for more information.

3 hours ago, Erwin said:

Had similar problem that was solved by plugging in something into the computer audio outlet.  If you haven't tried that...

I've already got separate speakers plugged in. I'll try unplugging and replacing them with something else.

2 hours ago, rocketman said:

There are some weird things that can cause crashes of CM related to audio stuff, for example sound enhancement apps like Nahemic. Search the different forums for this as it affects all games (not sure about CM:A though).

I do not have any sound enhancement apps on my pc, and the sound seems to continue during the black screen events, but I'll try screwing around with audio related hardware connected to my pc. Thank you.

What Nvidia videocard do you own ? Do you have any mods (visual or audio) installed ? Do you run any really high resolutions or perform post-processing effects on CM (such as ReShade) ?

The Event Details you provided indicate that the Nvidia OpenGL driver is crashing. I'm not aware of the 516.59 driver having any specific problems, though I haven't personally used it. You may want to install FurMark 1.30.0.0, which is an OpenGL stress test. It should significantly heat up your GPU (intentionally) performing certain OpenGL routines. If you get crashing running FurMark, then your cooling or power delivery for the videocard may be suspect. There's the possibility of software issues, but usually problems with FurMark are more indicative of hardware issues.

Is there an average amount of time that the game runs before you start experiencing problems ?

CM tends to be CPU limited and the CPU's cooling and power delivery can be a source of problems too. You can install HWMonitor and run it in the background while running CM (or any other program that is crashing) and see what sort of temperature spikes or other issues you might be experiencing (with both your CPU and GPU). You'll need to Alt-Tab out of CM to check the temps (which will start dropping once you do that), but this could give you some insight into possible overheating issues.