Why won't HT fire 75mm on it's own??

So there he sits, machine gunning away at a target 55 meters away. The 75mm is pointed at them......and it never fires.

If I TELL him to fire he does.

Seems pretty odd that it doesn't fire on it's own. What's up wiff dat?

I often have this problem with german vechiles. Particularly anything with the 20mm. They seem VERY reluctant to use the damn thing unless you order them to use the main gun at the beginning of a turn. I've had Lynx sit their using the coax mg on infantry in houses but never use their 20mm till ordered. It makes a lot of the german stuff almost pointless to buy. When you see infantry 100m away and you have 68 HE 20mm bursts left why wouldnt you fire?

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

You have to feel the force young Jedi. Close your eyes and focus. It will fire.

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

Yes, it's ver 1.05.

And the force is not working. While three squads of Ami's sit in a house, the HT just pelts them with MG fire. Not once using the 75. Very bizarre in my opinion. I mean that the hell is that cannon for? To scare the enemy?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Phoenix:

Yes, it's ver 1.05.

I mean that the hell is that cannon for? To scare the enemy? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No its to reassure the crew biggrin.gif...

Regards, Johh Waters

------------------

People who can smile when things go wrong

have found someone else to blame.

The Tac AI is privy to some information that allows it to see that during some situation using the main gun will not increase the deadly affects that just firing the MG produces. The threshhold is also affected by the number of HE left vs MG ammo.

[This message has been edited by Bastables (edited 08-29-2000).]

Is it possible that the HT in question cannot fire _both_ the MG and the ordnance weapon at the same time and so it prefers the MG? Anybody have more details regarding the SPW 251/9? Are there any vehicles modelled like this - where they can only use one or the other?

Originally posted by Bastables:

The Tac AI is privy to some information that allows it to see that during some situation using the main gun will not increase the deadly affects that just firing the MG produces. The threshhold is also affected by the number of HE left vs MG ammo.

well, in this case three squads are holed up in a house that has taken heavy damage. I would think the AI would want to POUND the house with the 75. It also has 10 rounds left.

No matter, I have target it manually this time. But it's still frustrating.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Phoenix:

well, in this case three squads are holed up in a house that has taken heavy damage. I would think the AI would want to POUND the house with the 75. It also has 10 rounds left.

No matter, I have target it manually this time. But it's still frustrating.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, 10 rounds left! THAT sounds familiar. I have noticed a similar reluctance on all AFVs to fire HE with only about 10-11 rds left. I think this might be an example of the threshhold that Bastables mentioned.

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)