CMFB: infantry and armor display the incorrect information.

Amb

For instance in CMFB the rifle men have heavy tank as a rifle, an MG squad is displayed as a sniper squad or as a RPG squad, etc, etc. The tank names also are incorrect and display the wrong info. I don't know if this is because of the new patch? I recently bought the game and had to download and install all the patches for CMFB to play, but it seems like the patches were designed for another CM title. Does anybody know how to fix?

I think it is the Strings File. It has ALL units of all titles indexed a certain way but if you do NOT update properly then you get an out of date file and see this weirdness.

I can only suggest to load it all again carefully in the proper order and then activate. OR you go to the official helpdesk and get a "ticket" and they walk you through it.

On 5/19/2022 at 5:15 AM, Amb said:

I recently bought the game and had to download and install all the patches for CMFB to play

A recent CMFB purchase would be Engine 4 right?  For that there is only one patch v2.03.  That's what I did with my install last year. 

Or am I misunderstanding what you said?

11 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

oh yeah, that could be it... 

I don't see where @Amb said he's using the animated text mod?

The comment 'the patches seem like they were designed for another title' is a clue.  If you click on 'patches' on the CMFB purchase page, the only patches shown are for Engine 3 and seem to be those for CMBN, not CMFB.  If however you go directly to the patches page from the main menu you get the option of a patch for Engine 4, plus older Engine 3 patches for CMFB (but not CMBN this time).

@BFCElvis you might want to check this?

@Amb if you purchased CMFB Engine 4 you only need the Engine 4 patch v203 on the patches page.

4 hours ago, Vacillator said:

I don't see where @Amb 

@BFCElvis you might want to check this?

@Amb if you purchased CMFB Engine 4 you only need the Engine 4 patch v203 on the patches page.

There is a ticket for this and it is extremely weird.

First, a new purchase doesn't require any patches. The download of a new purchase installs everything,  including the 2.03 patch. The only thing installing any patches can do is mess up the installation.....causing units to be mislabeled. 

The extremely weird thing with Amb is that when the proper installation is done the 4.0 portion of the activation isn't getting activated. I have a call into the activation people to see if they can give me any insight. 

What he is appearing to see is that when he installs the patches it reverts the game to v3.0 but still has the brz files that come with 4.0. This will give mislabeled units because the 3.0 version is not looking for the brz files that were installed when the full version was installed.

The bottom line is that no patches should be installed when using the full game installer (that will only cause bad things to happen) and something odd is happening when he activates a properly installed version. 

11 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

The bottom line is that no patches should be installed when using the full game installer

Thanks for the clarification, understood.  The links to patches on the website might still need a brush up, particularly the one on the CMFB purchase page which seems to direct to Engine 3 CMBN patches?

Anyway hope he gets sorted soon.

2 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Thanks for the clarification, understood.  The links to patches on the website might still need a brush up, particularly the one on the CMFB purchase page which seems to direct to Engine 3 CMBN patches?

Anyway hope he gets sorted soon.

Thanks for the heads up. They definitely need some cleaning up. If he used those links, rather than the links on the Patches page it would explain everything, assuming that he has never tried to activate after having installed using only the download link from the purchase. The links on the purchase page are for patches to Game Engine 3 only.

• 11 months later...