Volume of Environmental Sounds

@George MC, thanks. I downloaded and installed "HQS 5.0   CMSF CMSF2 CMBS CMA CMCW" and the sounds are noticeably different. The incessant wind sound is replaced by aircraft, helicopters, and sirens. It's not as loud but I'm not sure I like it. I'll look for other alternatives but thanks for pointing me in the direction!

You can definitely find many BG sound mods that range from silence through birds chirping, or dogs barking, thru "quiet warfare" thru the loud sounds your are trying to tone down.  Eg:  I like crickets or owls for nighttime, birds and dogs for daytime and also jungle sounds when using a tropical mod.

12 hours ago, Bannon said:

@George MC, thanks. I downloaded and installed "HQS 5.0   CMSF CMSF2 CMBS CMA CMCW" and the sounds are noticeably different. The incessant wind sound is replaced by aircraft, helicopters, and sirens. It's not as loud but I'm not sure I like it. I'll look for other alternatives but thanks for pointing me in the direction!

Just clocked “incessant wind sounds”. You should only hear any wind effect when the winds are strong in game.

Do you still hear the same noise ( or like a roaring jet) when you fire up a mission? Does the noise go away if you select no wind for the scenario in the editor?

On 3/16/2022 at 6:03 PM, Bannon said:

Is there a way to turn down the volume of, or eliminate entirely, the environmental (e.g., wind) sounds?

The ME Soundscape features greatly subdued non-combat sounds (environmental sounds like wind as well as voices, footsteps, vehicle sounds etc) so might be what you're looking for... there's a customized version for each game packaged with every 'All-in One' here.

@George MC, yes, I can control the level of ambient noise (wind) by selecting different wind strengths in the editor. Heavy is annoying through Light which is barely perceptible. The HQS 5.0 mod is an improvement but heavy wind is still noticeable.

@37mm, I'm not sure what those packages do but I'm downloading the BS and CW ones now. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Bannon said:

@George MC, yes, I can control the level of ambient noise (wind) by selecting different wind strengths in the editor. Heavy is annoying through Light which is barely perceptible. The HQS 5.0 mod is an improvement but heavy wind is still noticeable.

Ah cool - was just checking as there is an in-game effect when you misapply a patch that causes a noise like a jet roaring overhead! Doesn't sound like you have that. Just checking!