How To Tell An Infantry Gun To Load HEAT Ammo Without Actually Firing?

One can't do that.  The AI automatically chooses the appropriate armament.  The good news is that it appears that the appropriate shell is magically and instantly the "correct" shell and used.  No need for crews to unload a shell to reload something else.  It's another item for the "Weird CM2 Phenomena" thread.

Edited by Erwin

3 hours ago, Col Deadmarsh said:

I have approaching vehicles coming at my infantry gun who the gun team hasn't spotted yet. I'm guessing my team has the HE ammo loaded by default. How can I tell the gun team to load the HEAT ammo in preparation for an attack without actually firing on the opponent?

As per the above answers.  I asked a similar question a while ago when considering my Panthers rounding a bend in the road to be confronted by either an AT gun or a Sherman.  If they meet both, I assume what they fire on receives the appropriate round...  An abstraction yes, but I can't see an easy way round it. 

There was discussion however about which round tank crews would normally pre-load in RL.  HE was the answer I think, particularly for late-war Allies (WW2).