I'm going NUTZ for an update!!!!!

Guest Stabsfeldwebel

Guest Stabsfeldwebel

Steve, anyone! BTS give us an update PLEASE!!!!

I want the game to be done as badly as the next guy, and I also want it to be DONE when its done, but the waiting without info is driving me crazy! I check the board like 2 or 3 times a day when I'm home, and its literally driving me NUTZ so please drop us some info on what needs to be completed! PLEASE.

Yah I must admit I'm having a hardtime waiting -its worse than a kid at christmas.

Steve do you think maybe we could get a scheduled end of the week progress report or something - it would make it a little easier on us :-P ( I know you are busy but a periodic blurb would be way kool ) thx

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader....out

Guest Stabsfeldwebel

Weasel sightings? weren't those used in the south pacific? And I also agree, the waiting is bad enough, not having like a weekly update makes it worse, but freakin give us a bone here, having to endure those beta testers ask questions about their full version is enough to .... GO POSTAL!

SO how about it steve? Weekly update?

Guest Capt_Manieri

I agree with these guys whole-heartedly. I was going to make a post about something like this.......but if I was the one who made this post asking this same question, I would have been burned at the stake. Anyways, Weekly report? How bout' it?

Do a search on the word "Weasel" and you'll see why I wrote what I did.

Weasels were used in Europe, too. I believe that they were especially useful in snow.

Jason

Steve, a question just ocurred to me. Could you put a tape deck in your Weasel?

Screw it, only real update I want is that CM package on my doorstep. smile.gif

What irks me more is knowing that people have a beta copy of the game and I dont, kinda pisses me off. Then again someone is having meaningless sex with lots of good looking women and I dont, that pisses me off too.

Come to think of it the fact there are lots of multi millionares out there is also a constant irritant.

Sorry its late and i am rambling smile.gif

Kind of a slippery-slope, "Damned if you do or don't" situation here.

Well, for those not knowing, BTS posted about a week ago that the program code is done, but that more vehicle textures need to be worked up.

Let's say for the moment that BTS gives us what is asked here----a periodic update.

They start by saying what they're working on. We then ask, "How far 'til done?"

They give some percentile estimate like 95% or so. We then ask, "When will it be done?"

They take the bait yet again a post an ESTIMATED date. Some of us here then hold them to that like gospel, so that if it's missed, some people start yelling on this board. Such is human nature.

Nope, no point falling into that trap.

Earlier posts and comments from BTS have given a relative release time of February. Good enough for me. When it's done, they'll start shipping to us. Not like someone's gonna grab it off of store shelves before we get a chance, because no stores are getting it.

Guest Stabsfeldwebel

Totally not true, sometime mid-late december I asked for an update, and steve replied with what they were workin on, and what needed to be done. That was great, very very great, and it let me in on what was happening, and many others posted responses accordingly.

The fact that we want to know whats the progress on the game, doesn't mean that we must know what the release date is. We can be patient for that, but no information about the progress of BTS on this game is well, frustrating, we just want like a designers log. nothing more than a sentence or two from steve, just explaning what needs to be done. etc etc

Guest phoenix

Sheesh, it just amazes me how much whining and crying for "updates" there is here.

BTS said in the last update that they will post news when there is news to post. It's simple.

Can't we leave it at that? Continuous bitching and moaning won't speed up the games completion.

The amount of information given out on this board by the dev team is tremendous when compared to some other company-run boards. For instance, the poor bastards waiting for information on team fortress 2 can't even find out if it will be released today, or in Q4. Nothing but silence.

chaos

While becoming millionaires off CM would certainly please their significant others, I daresay the women behind BTS would be miffed about the "meaningless sex with many good looking women."

Not, of course, that the women behind BTS are NOT good looking women.

maybe I should just shut up now if I ever want my copy of CM.

DjB

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dumbo:

Then again someone is having meaningless sex with lots of good looking women and I dont, that pisses me off too.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry man... Just the luck of the draw I guess... hehe.. yeah...

Don't hate me becasue I'm beautiful!

wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stabsfeldwebel:

Totally not true, sometime mid-late december I asked for an update, and steve replied with what they were workin on, and what needed to be done. That was great, very very great, and it let me in on what was happening, and many others posted responses accordingly.

The fact that we want to know whats the progress on the game, doesn't mean that we must know what the release date is. We can be patient for that, but no information about the progress of BTS on this game is well, frustrating, we just want like a designers log. nothing more than a sentence or two from steve, just explaning what needs to be done. etc etc<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, in December, I could understand your request for status when it was more uncertain if the program code was done or not. Present impressions (as of last week) now are that the code is done, and that only some texture sets are still being worked up. Besides giving us a percentile level of how much of these are done, then what else is there to report?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt_Manieri:

Maybe they aren't millionaires at BTS yet, but as soon as this game comes out it, they will be.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then I will never get my east front CM ...

They will be too busy with the babes.

- Kevin

Guest Mikeman

I've said it in other threads,and I'll say it again: The gold demo will be available for download February 9. The game will begin shipping March 8. It's as simple as that. I know these things.

Mikeman out.