BRDM-2 AT5 - Reloading not Spotting/Aiming/Firing

THH149

A funny thing happened when I went to the war: my BRDM-2s sometimes prefer to reload right after firing (no change of position) yet has 3 or 4 missiles left to shoot.

I'd rather have the gunner spotting than reloading, but maybe its meant to be this way? I've had this happen twice in a single Valley of Ashes scenario

Anyone else seen the same/similar?

THH

I recently had an entirely opposite experience, having no other expectations of an AT-5 BRDM other than spectacularly explosive bait, I slow-moved it to peek out of some woods and these absolute kings in their mighty war chariot took on an entire platoon of M60A1s in defensive positions and emerged victorious without taking any return fire. They emptied the entire cassette of 5 missiles in maybe 20 seconds or so. I was impressed and my view of ATGM vehicles was forever changed.

Do you have a savegame of this behavior?

I don't have a save game of that BRDM-2 experience. I will try to generate some.

Having said that, I have also seen them send a few missiles in a row, which is obviously fine, but if the gunner is reloading - say when no known targets are in sight but say unconfirmed targets exist -  can he also be spotting and will he stop reloading when he sees a fresh target.... or is he locked into the reloading routine?

I'll try some testing to see what happens ...

the BRDMS and BMP ATGMs are great, sometimes they quick fire their missiles! I have noticed that the BRDMs work a lot better if their windows are open.

THH