Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

How to get purchase reinforcements in creating a scenario and how to use the AI section in the editor?

I'm in the process of making some scenarios and can't figure out how to purchase reinforcements. 

In the Units section in the editor for both Allied and Axis it says "Not in use" and I can't make those units come as reinforcements. I looked through the Scenario Design PDF manual and it doesn't say anything there.

How do you unlock that section? What am I missing?

Also although I haven't got that far yet how do you use the AI section in the Editor? The manual doesn't address that as far as I can tell.

See Page 99 of the Engine Manual

Reinforcements

Up to seven groups of units per side can be designated as Reinforcements from the Available Units list, irrespective of their parent formation. This allows the sce- nario designer to have units enter the battle at some later and/or (more or less) random point in time. The units of each Group enter the map at the same time, but the entry location is set individually for each unit using the Deploy function. Staggering units can help with early game unit congestion, enhance the plot of the scenario, or simply spice things up.
The first step is to assign units to a Reinforcement Group by highlighting them in the Available Units column and pressing a key on your keyboard (not on the NumPad!) from 1 to 7. This assigns the unit(s) to the respective Reinforcement Group, and a small [R] followed by the number of the assigned Group appears next to its name. For example, [R1] means the unit is assigned to Reinforcement Group #1. To remove a unit from a Group simply highlight it and press the 8 key and you’ll see the designation go away.
Once you have at least one unit assigned to one Group you can specify when it comes into the game. To do this, click on the Group you want in the list on the left side of the screen. For each group, you can set the time of the earliest arrival, and determine a random time span within which the arrival time might deviate.
Note: when deploying units in the 3D Preview of the Editor, Reinforcement units show an R in the Sup- pression area of their Team Info Panel, followed by the number of the group they belong to (e.g. R:1 indicates Reinforcements Group 1).
Earliest Arrival Time
This specifies the soonest a Group appears on the battlefield (for example, 5 minutes after the begin of the battle, or an hour, or more).
Arrival Span
Can be set to be Exact (no deviation, i.e. the unit will always arrive exactly on the time set above) or a value between 5 and 30 minutes in 5 minute intervals. Specifying a time determines a range which is added to the Earliest Arrival Time.
Note: be careful of what you do here since there is a chance for significant unintended consequences. For example, if a 60 minute battle has Earliest Arrival Time set to 30 minutes and the Arrival Span to 30 minutes, the reinforcement group might ar- rive anytime between 30 seconds after the beginning of the battle and one second before its end. Or, if you set Earliest Arrival Time to 60 minutes and the Arrival Span to 10 minutes, then the reinforcement
group will never arrive (because the battle will end before the arrival time).

For AI planning see page 101 -108 of the Engine Manual

P

Edited by Pete Wenman