Anyone thinking of setting up a tourney?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about it but if I had, it would have been in CMBB this time, not CMBO. I would like to do it again but time is a factor. Plus with the new games about to be released it will likely impact game play by some for awhile. I know if I host one it will be in CMBB this time.

It would be interesting to find out how many would be interested in a CMBO tourney, if there was enough interest, Maybe CMBO-"from out of the Dust tourney II" could happen - wait what am I saying.

Originally posted by slysniper:

I thought about it but if I had, it would have been in CMBB this time, not CMBO. I would like to do it again but time is a factor. Plus with the new games about to be released it will likely impact game play by some for awhile. I know if I host one it will be in CMBB this time.

It would be interesting to find out how many would be interested in a CMBO tourney, if there was enough interest, Maybe CMBO-"from out of the Dust tourney II" could happen - wait what am I saying.

YES, YES & YES!!!! - Could help in some capacity?

Just to see if there is a interest, anyone out there that would be interested in a tourney, I would like to know, just respond here. If you want to know how it would be run, see "From out of the dust Tourney" in the files. it would be two or three rounds with 3 games to play each round, you will have 2 months max. for each round. The games will be approx. 30 turn battles.

Hi all...as Chris Walker said, I'm in and keen...though my wife won't be pleased when she discovers this redface.gif

I also emailed my brother in case he is interested. He is the reason that I got into CM all those years ago and my wife will forever hate him because of it ;)

Oh, my wife also hates Chris as well because he keep me playing :D:D:D

Dinga

For those of you that might be interested but was not in my first Tournament, this is the basics of how it will be run. If interested, please let me know here within a week from now.

Starting at the latest Oct. 1st. the tournament will run as thus. It will consist of each player having 3 PBEM matches going on per round. Each would be a different Scenario; turns per scenario will be approx 30 turns.

The scoring in this tournament will be awarded by the completed outcome of each scenario. Example, if I was to have 20 participants. That is ten matches in each scenario. (Example) 7 players win playing the German side and 3 win playing the allies. Scoring awarded to the highest winner on the German side would be 5 points, next player 4, and so forth. After these 5 players are given points, then the Best allied player is given 5 points and 4 to the next and so on. So no matter the scenario balance the best 5 players for each side is awarded points.

There will also be bonus points awarded if you win and are playing the inferior side in the scenario, this bonus will be determined by the imbalance. Example, 9 win playing as allies, one

wins playing Germans, this one winner of the German side will receive 5 points for being the best player on the side but will receive a additional 2 points for winning with the weak force.

Also there is bonus points in round two for winning if a low rank player from round one wins someone with a higher ranking from the first round. This would be awarded if they win a better-ranked player by a percentage above the average of all completed matches of that scenario.

Round two match ups will also be determined by completed scores of round one. Example the top player from round one will have his 3 matches against, the number 2 player the # 4 player and the # 10 or something similar to that.

The scoring system works no matter the balance of the scenario. And will provide even matched players a chance to compete against each other and provide you with competition against all different participants.