Anyone thinking of setting up a tourney?

Originally posted by Jeppe:

Jeppe signing in and awaiting orders...

(I will only play as the Axis).

Thank You

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dont think it works like that dude.

That is correct, no tournament of mine is going to let anyone just play the side they like. It is random draw for your matches to some extent. But I doubt that you could get the Germans like six times in a row. I actually go through and make sure that everyone gets to play offence and defence hopefully about the same amount of times, but no promises there.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by slysniper:

I would like to know from those of you who are playing, do you want 2 rounds again or should we do 3. It should be clear as to which before we start this thing.

From memory, we had 3 matches per round so, 3 rounds, 9 matches?

Also, it took a month to finish each round so, that would be 3 months?

I am not really bothered but maybe a 3rd round for some would be too much of a committment?

Something else... is there any way we could get the highlights from a match/game on video? Would be good to watch what happened to other players, after the tourney had finished.

Perhaps someone could host a site? I would volunter but dont have the technical ability.

Originally posted by Jeppe:

Jeppe signing in and awaiting orders...

(I will only play as the Axis).

Thank You

Hey Jeppe, forget about “I will only play the Krauts” and get your Swedish backside into this Tourney! You won’t regret it. Promise smile.gif .

Well, you might, but only a bit… tongue.gif

Originally posted by slysniper:

I would like to know from those of you who are playing, do you want 2 rounds again or should we do 3. It should be clear as to which before we start this thing.

Two or three rounds? That’s easy, I reckon if I commit for two months I might as well tack on an extra 4 weeks. I remember last tourney I’d have liked to play a third set of battles. Maybe real life will throw me a wobbler in week 10, or in week 5, but that’s the risk we all take, whenever we plan ahead.

As for Neil’s movie-sharing idea, that would be great, but as he said, we’d need someone with the means and the know-how to set it up. And Slysniper would have to change the PWs after every round smile.gif .

Oh and Slysniper, you might be wondering how it happened that you suddenly find yourself in the position of a tournament director again. It’s all Major Tum’s fault, of course :D . I for one truly appreciate your commitment, and I’m sure the others do too. So allow me to send you a standing ovation from CMBO players chanting “THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!”.

I second Walker...a big thankyou again for the first tourney...and a big thankyou in advance for what surely will be another great tourney with great maps (again) smile.gif

I don't mind how many rounds we go...it's all good fun. I guess the only consideration is Christmas (yep it's coming around again) and we may lose some players over that period, or have games slow down quite a bit :rolleyes:

your "Thanks" are appreciated. Your memories though are in question. I tried to have a match per month in the last tournament but found us taking two months per round. It started in Sept and ended in early Jan. So Christmas will for sure impact round two likely.

So for now, I will again only plan 6 games in two rounds unless a major portion of players say's otherwise.

I have one scenario ready at this point and have two to go. Someone could help out by collecting the email addresses of every player and putting them on a list and sending it to me and it can then go out again to all participants.

The game review can happen by saving all the "watch" and "watch and move" files after a game, zipping them and then send the package to me after the match, If nothing else I could forward them to those that request them. They could be posted on a site also but that is beyond me, so is making them into a movie.

Participants on 17 September:

Check - is your address still current?

Neil aka Maj Tum m_faulkner12@hotmail.com

JonnyEnglish jonny_freeride@fastmail.fm

Walker angloswiss@bluewin.ch

fiaros samothirio@yahoo.gr

Mikado michel.detienne@skynet.be

Gort CMGORT@HOTMAIL.CO.UK

Dinga dinga@exemail.com.au

Bert Hamoen bert@hamoen.com

Crow Warrior 69jk87@frontiernet.net

Shellshockedsye sjd251@hotmail.com

[ September 17, 2006, 05:25 AM: Message edited by: Walker ]

The final standings are

Miles 13 points

Walker 12.5 points

Dinga 44 11.5 points

U8led 10 points

Melb_will 9.5 points

Bert 9 points

Fiaros 7 points

Gort 7 points

Mikado 5 point

Warhammer 3 points

Major Tum 3 points

Ozi 3 points

These were the old results - does anuone know if miles can play the new tourney as reigning champion?

Also at this point, I think I will let you request grudge matches also for round one. In other words, if you found yourself on the wrong end of the scoring against someone last time and think you could better yourself against that player, let me know. I am sure the fellow that made good points against you last time would not mind. He might even try to get you to play him again. (Watch what you say now).

It will be my call as to if someone deserves a rematch, might be playing some of the same guys again but I would like to try and give out new opponants even to the previous participants

A grudge match...now that's an interesting idea. I wouldn't mind meeting Keith Miles again on the battlefield. Not that I have a grudge against him, on the contrary, he's a thoroughly nice person to get outsmarted by. Unfortunately our reigning champ doesn't seem to be around, maybe his Out of the Dust 1 mail address has fallen into disuse.