Cheat Found.

Guest Pillar

Steve, Charles,

You know what I'm talking about right? If not email me. This should be fixed, who knows how many people are doing it.

I'm not talking about "Gamey" tactics or anything here. This is an honest to goodness all out cheat.

[This message has been edited by Pillar (edited 10-11-2000).]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pillar:

Steve, Charles,

You know what I'm talking about right? If not email me. This should be fixed, who knows how many people are doing it.

I'm not talking about "Gamey" tactics or anything here. This is an honest to goodness all out shameless cheat.

[This message has been edited by Pillar (edited 10-11-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

can you share it with the rest of us?

maybe it is not as bad as you think?

-tom w

Tom,

No, and yes it is.

smile.gif

I'm sure there are others who have figured this whole thing out by now, but I haven't heard a peep anywhere. (Maybe because people are using it and don't want it fixed?)

Pillar,

Assuming you're serious (...) would you mind sharing it with the rest of people who haven't found it (especially since it's shameless)?

If you don't want to give details, just give the context, so we know if it happens in our PBEMs.

Viva transparency!

------------------

My soldiers are regular, must be the fibre in the musli...

Type in "Mattrules" for infinite health, "Steverules" for infinite tank ammo and "Hamster" gives you special weapons.

I'm not telling!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I'm not telling! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your call mate, but it's kinda unfair to bring it up on the forum, instead of privately emailing the BTS guys, and creating a "could my PBEM opponent be a shameless cheater" atmosphere.

I'm sure if it was that bad, the good guys at BTS would address it right away.

Who knows, they might put in the "Mattrules" cheat just for you in the next patch! biggrin.gif

------------------

I think what Coralsaw is driving at PIllar is can you tell us what the result of the cheat it:

For example: If i was playing someone that was cheating they woud be:

a. Being able to see my forces during the game.

b. Know what I purchased

c. Have more than allowed number of points to spend.

d. They have unlimited this... or that..

e. all of the above.

Jeff

1)

I posted this publicly because everyone has the right to know there IS a cheat. If you have a case where you really think your pbem mate is cheating, this thread confirms they COULD BE. It's possible.

2)

The cheat does not give the user more points, ammo, units, etc. That's all I'll say for now, for fear of people catching on and figuring out how to use it.

This whole thing sort of sounds like

"I know a secret , and you don't"

BUT if it is abig deal, I guess it is best best kept quiet (I say that with a distinct tone of resigntion in my voice, bummer)

coralsaw makes a good point here,

"Your call mate, but it's kinda unfair to bring it up on the forum, instead of privately emailing the BTS guys, and creating a "could my PBEM opponent be a shameless cheater?" atmosphere."

-tom w

I'm just pissed there is a (now known) SHAMELESS cheat that I have not figured out yet!

smile.gif

It's not "I know a secret" BS. Sheesh.

I thought people had the right to know the truth. There is merit in telling people it exists as a warning, especially since I know about it. To keep it a secret provides an easier environment for cheaters to exploit.

On the other hand, tell you guys what the cheat consists of is totally unneccessary and will only create more cheaters and throw most pbem games to hell. So I'm not going to divulge that, for the interest of everyone.

ok here's the cheat:

get only the worst, most thin-skinned tanks with no infantry. run them up the middle of the map while buttoned up. then have them area fire an area where no enemies are.

after that, try and get them to shoot each other. once two tanks are on fire, get the rest and try and drive them off the west edge of the map. the one surviving tank MUST be a lynx or stuart!

the Stuart will become inhabited by the ghost of some civil war general(i forget which)

the lynx will become a Nihilist quoting Nietszie.

both will be able to take out the imps but not the cacodemons so stock up on armor.

and remember

iddqd

idkfa

will not give you health but instead kill you automatically with the message "aha! cheaters must die!"

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

Now I know how Shandorf has been killing all my troops...

Seriously, this is bad news, can we get some kind of explanation here, warning signs or something? I agree that public dissemination doesn't work but I would like to hear from BTS and I'd appreciate a little more info.

------------------

Did someone compare this to the Ealing comedies? I've shot people for less.

-David Edelstein

LOL! Love the part about the nihilist quoting Nietzche smile.gif

Meeks,

Unfortunately to my knowledge there is no way to tell that the other person is using the cheat other than if they seem to be winning all the time smile.gif Seriously, I'm hoping Steve and Charles know about this thing already. If not, they will email me as I suggested and I'll work it out with them. Once it's fixed, I suppose it'll be safe to tell everyone how it worked.

DeadMarsh,

I Repeat:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Pillar said:

"I thought people had the right to know the truth. There is merit in telling people it exists as a warning, especially since I know about it. To keep it a secret provides an easier environment for cheaters to exploit.

On the other hand, tell you guys what the cheat consists of is totally unneccessary and will only create more cheaters and throw most pbem games to hell. So I'm not going to divulge that, for the interest of everyone"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

Once it's fixed, I suppose it'll be safe to tell everyone how it worked.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, better not, what if some of the strange people around can indeed travel back in time??? biggrin.gif

[Hey Pillar, no offence eh, didn't mean to be sarcastic or anything, but couldn't resist] smile.gif

------------------