What is your favorite campaign and what campaigns do you recommend for a newbie?

1 hour ago, SimpleSimon said:

Market Garden was doomed from the start.  

Not really if the Germans had located their armor somewhere else they could have pulled it off. If they had turned left towards Breda the Port of Antwerp would have been available a lot sooner. Plenty of ifs, but from hindsight it is easy to judge. 

4 hours ago, SimpleSimon said:

Road to Nijmegan because the designers of the campaign have a bypass option that allows you sidestep the regular campaign difficulty if you get screwed over by one of the scenarios. That way you can still play the rest of the campaign but with more flexibility.

I got stuck on one mission but didn't notice any "bypass" option.  Is that a new update to the original campaign?  

23 minutes ago, Erwin said:

I got stuck on one mission but didn't notice any "bypass" option.  Is that a new update to the original campaign?  

In the Campaign brief Erwin theres a subnote for mission "x variants" which I think kick in after....some number of scenario failures in a row. I cant remember if it was 3? 

4 hours ago, SimpleSimon said:

In the Campaign brief Erwin theres a subnote for mission "x variants" which I think kick in after....some number of scenario failures in a row. I cant remember if it was 3? 

Ah, thanks...  There was only one scenario I was having trouble winning.  So, I guess I must suffer more restarts...