CMSF vs CW and BS

On 5/20/2021 at 6:02 AM, chuckdyke said:

Heard so much about the Highland Games, I decided to give it a bash. Little rough they failed me on the checkpoint! 

checkpoint.png

checkpointb.png

"Here is the evidence we took the bleeding checkpoint!"

checkpointc.png

You and your snipers bro. 

Good taste though. I'd love a L115A3. 

42 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

Effective range of over a mile. But not in Combat Mission. You need to pair them with MG and HMGs these are for suppression and need a precision tool to take out priority targets. 

1.5km is a stretch even for a .50... I can see effective being within 1km. 

I believe their scope kind of doesn't pair well with cm tbh

Anyways thats not to say Accuracy International did a bad job at all. The L115 variants play alongside the .50s in terms of longest confirmed kills 

Edited by Artkin

55 minutes ago, Artkin said:

1.5km is a stretch even for a .50... I can see effective being within 1km. 

This is done by the elite it is like the Olympics sub 10 seconds for the 100 meters gets you qualified to participate. The average fit guy looks at 12 seconds. They have technology now we are not aware off. They have some laser and pocketcomputer to do the calculations? Who knows? The 1.25 scope give the rifleman now 500mtrs with iron sights it is 300mtrs. We look at this game and we get a nice big icon, just go outside measure 500mtrs and see how small a human is. We can't tell apart a male or female in the open.

3 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

This is done by the elite it is like the Olympics sub 10 seconds for the 100 meters gets you qualified to participate. The average fit guy looks at 12 seconds. They have technology now we are not aware off. They have some laser and pocketcomputer to do the calculations? Who knows? The 1.25 scope give the rifleman now 500mtrs with iron sights it is 300mtrs. We look at this game and we get a nice big icon, just go outside measure 500mtrs and see how small a human is. We can't tell apart a male or female in the open.

True. And I've heard of snipers putting accuracy down way past 1km. But as said... they are the elite. And I guess after all they're receiving the cream of the crop Accuracy International models

1 minute ago, Artkin said:

Accuracy International models

Match grade munitions the cartridges are custom to suit the rifle. If you are a reloader you can achieve this at home. You fire a commercial cartridge and because of the combustion the case fits the chamber exactly. Now you resize the neck only, surplus rifles like the old Lee Enfield are still capable of outstanding accuracy. 

On 5/23/2021 at 10:22 AM, FogForever said:

Well, I bought it.  I have an ongoing CW scenario I need to finish and then I will try out my first Shock Force game.  I have been rotating between BS and CW scenarios and now I need to insert SF into the rotation.  

MordoGobble! MordoGobble!