CMRT "display size.txt" file - not working?

I installed Red Thunder - first time install on this computer - straight from the Fire & Rubble preorder link, v2.10, and activated all content (base game 3.0, upgrade to 4.0, and F&R).

I carefully transferred my NVidia control panel settings from CMBN to CMRT and copied the "display size.txt" file from CMBN to CMRT:

Battlefront/Combat Mission Red Thunder/display size.txt

Inside, the file says:

2560 1440 60

which works well for me in CMBN. However, CMRT ignores this file. It defaults to desktop resolution, which is 3840x2160. Changing the resolution in the file does not change the resolution in game. On the other hand, when I change my desktop resolution, CMRT will start up in that resolution. Unlike CMBN, CMRT does not offer me the new 2560x1440 resolution in Options. So, CMRT is sticking to my desktop resolution no matter what the "display size.txt" file says, or whether the file is there at all.

• Does the file have a different name or location in CMRT than in CMBN?
  • Is it supposed to work at all or is there some other way in CMRT to control screen resolution?

i5-9400F 2.90Ghz, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660, Win 10 64bit

Thanks!

Easy. If you mean screenshot of the NVidia settings, here it is. They are well tested in CMBN on the same computer and have nothing to do with resolution AFAIK.

hFFQXYE.png

If you mean an in-game screenshot, well... it will just show the game running in the 3840x2160 resolution I don't want (poor performance) and that I am unable to change other than by changing my Windows desktop resolution:

nKsTqDI.jpg

33 minutes ago, Redwolf said:

As another test, put different values into the file, such as 1920 1080 30.

You want to determine whether the file is in fact ignored or whether the problem is that it doesn't like the contents it finds.

First thing to try is 30 Hz.

Thanks - yep I tried that - with different resolutions and refresh rates and now with the ones you suggested - no change.

I also tried moving the file to different folders, running the game as administrator, renaming the file ("displaysize.txt", "displaysize", "display size") - I'm out of ideas :)

Note - the first thing was that I simply copied the file from CMBN, where it works just fine... not sure why just CMRT is acting up on me like this...

Edited by Drifter Man

21 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

Try looking in c:\users\YOURNAME\documents\battlefront\combat mission\Red Thunder

Fantastic - yes.

I have both CM games installed in Program Files. CMBN keeps these files right there in the game folder, while CMRT covertly created a folder for this stuff in Documents.

Thanks everyone! Problem solved.

Edited by Drifter Man