Fire & Rubble 'To Berlin' campaign bug

Hi!

I'm enjoying my time with Fire and Rubble so far, the first campaign I decided to dig into was 'To Berlin'.

While playing the first mission of the campaign, I realized that after my first T-34 crossed the river at the player's starting side of the map, that my remaining T-34's wouldn't cross the bridge despite a full roaring engine. What I saw instead was that upon moving from the second to the third 'square' of bridge, out of a total of about 6, the leading T-34 out of the two still on the bridge, would be teleported back to the beginning of the square.

This is naturally quite a hassle as I wanted those extra T-34s to assist the platoon assigned to clearing Wieniec (or whatever that starting city was called). I didn't try to move any other vehicle like my M4A2's or my BA64's or the Jeep across since I was expecting the same reaction.

Also, in order to not create another thread, I will note that T-34 road wheels seem to pull a road runner when you're not very close to them which is a bit comedic but also chaotic and most definitely unintended, even if T-34 engineering was sometimes not entirely professional :P

I tested this campaign pretty throroughly (along with others). I had not had this happen and I just tried it again and was able to cross just fine with all 3 of those tanks. I used different sets of waypoints for each, including one in the middle of the bridge  (I did have a similar problem on a later scenario in the campaign but that got fixed). 

Do you have a save game with it stuck you can post?

Can you try saving and then restarting it from the save? Or start from scratch to see if it happens again?

As to the second one, yes, been reported and reproduced. So someone will be on that. Thanks.

Dave

Edited by Ultradave

It would be most helpful to have a save from that bridge issue, if you have it. I think you can attach it to a post.

That's a pretty standard bridge setup with no past reported issues, so it would be helpful to have the specific behavior to pass along with the report.

I have done a lot of bridge testing (not posted yet) and bridge bugs are sadly not hard to produce. My advice with the bug above is to cancel any movement orders and ”reverse”. Usually it gets unstuck. Then you might be able to cross. Please post a screenshot as I use it for my analysis and maybe someone with access to the scenario in the editor can post a screenshot of what it looks like there. I have some hypotheses of why this happens. Just need to test more.

3 hours ago, Ultradave said:

I tested this campaign pretty throroughly (along with others). I had not had this happen and I just tried it again and was able to cross just fine with all 3 of those tanks. I used different sets of waypoints for each, including one in the middle of the bridge  (I did have a similar problem on a later scenario in the campaign but that got fixed). 

Can you try saving and then restarting it from the save? Or start from scratch to see if it happens again?

As to the second one, yes, been reported and reproduced. So someone will be on that. Thanks.

Dave

Sadly I have progressed past the first mission, although tomorrow I will be able to restart and see if it happens again, and if it does, hand the save over to you.

On 4/25/2021 at 8:03 PM, Ultradave said:

Dave

I've now tried redoing the first mission of the campaign, nothing in regards to the bridge happened, I sent across 3 T-34s and 3 Shermans, none of them got stuck.