ATG Ammo Bearer

I am playing a scenario where my 88 starts with very little ammo.  I have it's ammo bearer very close to it so I assume that when it runs out of it's current ammo the ammo from the bearer will automatically transfer to the 88 or do I have to do a acquisition command similar to when squads replenish from a truck?  Thanks.

22 minutes ago, CanuckGamer said:

I am playing a scenario where my 88 starts with very little ammo.  I have it's ammo bearer very close to it so I assume that when it runs out of it's current ammo the ammo from the bearer will automatically transfer to the 88 or do I have to do a acquisition command similar to when squads replenish from a truck?  Thanks.

As long as the ammo bearer stays close, the ammo is being counted in the gun's total and will be used without any action on your part.

If they get far away, the ammo will be unavailable until they're close again.

In fact the gun will use the ammo from the bearer first - so that once they are out they can go get more. Although I'm not sure if there are any sources of 88 ammo they can get it works well for MGs and such though.

You can tell what the gun crew has on hand and what they have access to from near by units:

AmmoAccess.jpg.59abf0900593e441f3d973fd307db607.jpg

This mortar has 16 HE rounds in their possession (see number on the left). The have access to 32 (see number on the right). The total rounds they have access to includes all ammo bearers or other mortar teams in the same platoon that are within two action squares (~16m) of this unit.

This can cause confusion. For example if you have two mortar teams close to each other and each has 16 rounds of HE then both will show the have 16 rounds but access to 32. Clearly there are not 64 rounds that can be used only 32 but either mortar team or both could use them. I like to make sure that my mortar teams are far enough apart that they are not double counting and that particular ammo bearers or trucks are close to one and only one mortar. That way The totals in the right hand box make the most sense.