Feature Request - AI using SCW's (eg. Bazooka)

This isn't a bug, per se, since the game is doing what it's been programmed to do, but there is definitely an unhistorical issue with how the AI is willing to use SCW's. These weapons only work(ed) against a hard surface such as steel or brick, etc. which is why they could be used to hit targets in buildings, etc., but I recently saw the AI having one my Bazooka units firing it at troops in the open, and that is absolutely not correct! The very nature of that munition means it has to have a hard surface to impact against. If you fired it at someone in the open, if it went off at all, it would just, harmlessly expend itself into the ground! Hence, it would never be fired in such a way!

3 hours ago, Erwin said:

It seems that the HEAT round was explosive and used vs inf/MG nests etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bazooka

Yes, it was, and as the Wikipedia article mentions, it could be used against such targets as long as you had a surface (behind which they were covering) to strike it against. This made for a great bunker-buster weapon accordingly. My issue with what happened in my game was that one of my Bazooka teams started firing it at infantry running in the open, made doubly frustrating, because I knew there was armour coming and needed them to reserve the ammo for that.

Just now, Erwin said:

You may have a point.   Probably another of those weird and odd behaviors that the CM system exhibits from time to time.

Oh, for sure. Hence, I posted as a feature request. I expect it would be a difficult fix, since the game system would have to identify, the surface of the target type before deciding on firing, but it would definitely make a good shift towards RL and thereby much improve the game's enjoyability.

11 minutes ago, Falaise said:

When I want to keep the anti-tank ammunition, to avoid this problem I divide the team and I give an armored firing arc to the anti-tank team

Agreed; although, I've found that assigning an  armoured CA also keeps them from firing their inherent weapons at all, unless, presumably, enemy infantry units are right ontop of them, and that's frustrating in and of itself! In this case, it was dedicated, 2-man bazooka team, so there was no dividing it up.

11 hours ago, Chibot Mk IX said:

I partially agree with you.  Using Bazooka against targets in open is not good idea. But in CM these short range portable WWII AT weapons are still very lethal against weapon in open. I saw a panzerschreck rocket took out 4 GIs before

I agree that's how it works in the game, but what I'm saying is that IRL, it wouldn't work that way. By their very nature, these SCW weapons had to have a hard surface against which too impact, so they were deadly against troops behind some sort of wall, but in open ground, you'd have just gotten laughed at.