Best way to get pixeltruppen to toss grenades at tanks/AFVs?

There may be more to it than meets the eye. Battle for Normandy (Ned Force) Split a British AT Team away from their squad. Two out of three Mk4 Lee Enfield's show up as AT in the GUI. An American or a German Squad also have AT Rifle grenades, but the British may have had adapters for their MK 4 Lee Enfield's. The team was successful to knock out an halftrack from an ambush position. The game gives us some leeway of battlefield innovations. The GUI just shows six hand grenades only.

antitank-team.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2020 at 1:10 AM, John1966 said:

Strangely, IIRC, in ASL (or at least classic SL), you had to be inside a building or woods to use the infantry "defensive fire method" (or whatever it was called) on an AFV. Think you could only get an immobilisation with it too.

Talking about ASL (which i know very well), what happens when an AFV overruns some infantry position in the open: Is there a sequence where first the infantry close assaults the AFV (the way it is described in this thread) and the tanks only fires back if unscathed? Also, how does a tank overrun a manned ATG position to destroy it: move command?

On 3/3/2021 at 7:47 AM, bruno2016 said:

Talking about ASL (which i know very well), what happens when an AFV overruns some infantry position in the open: Is there a sequence where first the infantry close assaults the AFV (the way it is described in this thread) and the tanks only fires back if unscathed? Also, how does a tank overrun a manned ATG position to destroy it: move command?

In ASL or CM?

In ASL, I honestly don't remember (in fact I don't even remember ever using overrun - hardly ever saw infantry stopped in the open near a tank and if tried on an ATG it usually got you first).

In CM, your tank gets KO'd. 😉

I always try to keep my tanks a long way from infantry. Too dangerous at close range. If you spotted them in the open, then you'd probably get them with the MA/MG long before you got close enough to "overrun". (I put that in inverted commas as I'm pretty sure overruns aren't modelled other than short range firing at them)

If you get close enough to call it an "overrun" and the infantry are still in some sort of order, they'll chuck grenades and then you're in all sorts of bother.

If I recall, in COD, early war tanks used to force a morale check just for getting near a squad. If they failed they had to shift out of the way.

(Early war because they were less familiar with tanks - which is ironic considering early war tanks)

On 1/28/2021 at 8:47 PM, Khalerick said:

Thanks. Got to see this for myself quite recently -- uncons disabling a Stryker (though just how much damage they did is not something I'll likely know for awhile).

I do have the update (from a PBEM game): the uncons blew up the Stryker's wheels with their nades.

I should mention that later in the very same match they elected to NOT throw grenades but instead try and shoot the guy standing out of the hatch. So... if a tank rolls close, it seems AI infantry have a tendency to go for the fleshy kill shot instead of throwing nades. At least that's what happened in this 1-off scenario.

Here are those lovelies about two seconds before they're turned into spaghetti:

9D1A580EC9611FB677D511748A30B54239D2D9B2