Do you take spotting screen shots?

You don't always hold sight of something, but may not be able call in mortar fire when you do.  There is no way to really mark it for later attention.

I create spotting screen shots using trees and rocks so that I can strike a target that is not longer showing itself.  (especially many non-AFV defensive targets tend not to displace)

(I do full screen, but cropped these so that they could be posted.)

Comments?

1610047163_2020-09-2923-44-12loc-Copy.jpg.7c890b14e3f423f02c1dec3832b8635f.jpg

832697054_2020-09-2923-46-32loc.thumb.jpg.cffb12917422e4a2775e56bd30f7fd74.jpg

Edited by markshot

I haven't tried it, but as long as they are defensive as you say and therefore stationary I can see that it might work. 

Is it gamey or a way to simulate memory in your troops?  Not sure, but if you can't remember where the contact was, why should they 😉?  Admittedly there's only one of you and possibly lots of contacts...

Also if the enemy are attacking I seem to end up with 'old' spots all over the place (playing on Elite) and shelling most of them would not be a worthwhile exercise.

I absolutely do this in bigger scenarios - after all, you are one person doing the job of the CO, 2IC, Intelligence Officer, Ops Officer, Logistics Officer etc.  It is a visual record of what would have been written in the HQ log sheet from a message sent over the radio net '0, this 10, contact 0800hrs, three enemy dismounts engaged my position before going to ground at grid 123456, am observing over.'