It grieves me to have to say this, but...

Guest KwazyDog

Hehe, trust me guys you have to have a very pantient and understanding girlfriend to be involved with Combat Mision wink.gif

I consider myself very lucky to have had my girlfriend put up with me over that last year! Hehe, she even got into CM enough to design one of the maps in the CM scenarios smile.gif

Shut up.

You aint lucky.

Your just smarter than me.

Feel secure in the knowledge you don't have to put up with your own "Wonder Bitch".

Yes Honey, I WONDER why I didn't think of that.

Yes Honey, I WONDER why Im such a lazy good for nuthin.

Yes Honey I WONDER why you even married me.

Oh, and Yes Honey I WONDER how in the hell I got along with out you all those years before I met you.

Yep.... Wonder Bitch

Heres somethin to chew on....

GOD is a BACHELOR !!!!

Yep thats right!!

If God is all knowing, most wonderful, SUPREME being, why aint he married??????

HUH???

I'll tell you why in two words......

WONDER BITCH

GreasyPig

half lit smile.gif

Guest Big Time Software

Hehe... I should yank your posting privledges before you say something you will REALLY regret biggrin.gif

Steve

Guest Big Time Software

Oh, I couldn't resist this one:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>If God is all knowing, most wonderful, SUPREME being, why aint he married??????<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My wife would say that this is because She (meaning God) doesn't need to be married to a good for nothing freeloading loaf playing computer games instead of mowing the law or something else useful. She can just hire St. Peter to do it on one of his off days instead smile.gif

Steve

P.S. Without my wife supporting me for the last three years, CM would have to been made without me. Or I suppose I could have swung it if scurvy, general malnutrition, and exposure to the elements didn't kill me first smile.gif

Steve,

My greatest grand-daddy of em all gave up one of his ribs for his W.B. and look where it got him. KICKED OUT OF EDEN!!

So take it from experience!! smile.gif

GreasyPig

PS

I REALLY do appreciate the leeway youve given me and I do like this board. Its the people here that make it great! Yaken bout the things that make life a little richer.

Steve,

One other thing, if she ever refuses to feed you (mine has!) heres a tip. Head to your local gas station and ask for any of their old dounuts (there should be plenty, I mean there can't be that many folks who actually buy em, there always there, ALL DAY). Normally after 4:00pm they should just give em to ya. A good old crusty bear-claw and a bismark have the same nutritional value as a side of pork, with twice the calories!!!! A guy can live with just that for a LONG time.

GreasyPig

Im an animal. I do simple, predictable, and stupid things.

Yes, CM does make one appreciate being single. I plan my weekend like this....ok..must mow the lawn...maybe...should buy groceries...maybe...could clean up the house a bit...naw.....should buy some beer...ok....will have lets see....all weekend to play CM and check out the forum....works for me. I can chase women next weekend...maybe.

Out here...

------------------

When the situation is obscure....attack!

CGen. Heinz Guderian

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Oh, I couldn't resist this one:

My wife would say that this is because She (meaning God) [...]

Steve

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here, God is female apparently.

The Bible was translated so many times this must have been lost in the translation by those celibate male priests.

If God is female, I will return to God heh heh. smile.gif

Aside from the fun & jest, it really gets harder & harder to pin down a definition of "God", especially as we in all humanity are more prone to assume approaching god-status in our evolution this past century.

Now as to CM and its impact on our significant others, I should relate how my own wife dealt with the matter.

She knew of my anticipation by my asking the past few days if I had gotten a certain "package". Yesterday, she unexpectedly got called by her employer in the afternoon requesting that she cover part-time for someone else. She then called at my office to tell me that she had to work until 8 PM, and I told her I would pick her up at that time.

Well, when I got home, there it was on the coffee table, the tantalizing CM package had arrived with the other mail that she picked up before she left. On top of that package was a sticky note: "Honey----just in case you forget, I'm at work until 8 PM. Please try not to leave me waiting there." She has GREAT intuition on what my hobby can be like.

(I got there for her JUST in time, after all the installation work and mod pack file swap-outs. biggrin.gif )

Spook,

No offense ment here but:

"Aside from the fun & jest, it really gets harder & harder to pin down a definition of "God", especially as we in all humanity are more prone to assume approaching god-status in our evolution this past century."

I couldn't disagree more. We were swinging from trees not that long ago. Though my ego has delusions of grandeur as my WB will attest I still know my limitations. The closer and closer to a GOD that you feel probably means the further and further from the PATH you are. smile.gif Man I feel like my Pastor!

I suppose the day that I can MENTALY turn up the TV and mute my wife from my lazy-boy will be the day I'll rethink your comment. smile.gif

GreasyPig

"yes, Honey your right again, We should turn the computer room into your sowing/craft room."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>"Aside from the fun & jest, it really gets harder & harder to pin down a definition of "God",

especially as we in all humanity are more prone to assume approaching god-status in our

evolution this past century."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, it's easy. God=BTS !!

From Steve: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>freeloading loaf playing computer games instead of mowing the law or something else useful.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve, how, exactly, does one mow the law? tongue.gif

DjB

[This message has been edited by Doug Beman (edited 06-23-2000).]

Here you are, hnh3, rejoicing in your independence while I go through the hell of wondering if I'm ever going to find Ms. Right.

{sigh} I guess there isn't much market for smart, humorous, gentle men with a song in their hearts and Combat Mission on their computers.

DjB

Rule One: Never get married.

Rule Two: If you are foolish enough to get married, NEVER get her pregnant.

OK so I broke them both. Now I am paying for it. When Work(!) becomes a refuge, you know you are in hell. I am in hell. I am cruising the board while I do work stuff, rather than go home on a friday evening. How pathetic is that?

Peng

------------------

I'm talking and I can't shut up!

Doug (slack-ass posterboy) Beman:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>{sigh} I guess there isn't much market for smart, humorous, gentle men with a song in their hearts<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are right, there isn't. And there isn't much market for your type, either.

Jason

I don't need to use a smiley, do I?

[This message has been edited by guachi (edited 06-23-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GreasyPig:

Spook,

No offense ment here but:

"Aside from the fun & jest, it really gets harder & harder to pin down a definition of "God", especially as we in all humanity are more prone to assume approaching god-status in our evolution this past century."

I couldn't disagree more. We were swinging from trees not that long ago. Though my ego has delusions of grandeur as my WB will attest I still know my limitations. The closer and closer to a GOD that you feel probably means the further and further from the PATH you are. smile.gif Man I feel like my Pastor!

I suppose the day that I can MENTALY turn up the TV and mute my wife from my lazy-boy will be the day I'll rethink your comment. smile.gif

GreasyPig

"yes, Honey your right again, We should turn the computer room into your sowing/craft room."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To GreasyPig and others on the "God" theme (soon to be OT and cause a padlock here?)

I think you all missed my point.

I wasn't meaning to say that recent history and accomplishments have diminished or undermined my own personal faith in God. It's still there as before, the same way as when I was as a kid. But even though I am supposedly much improved over my youthful days in my rational abilities, I am no more able to declare that I have God "figured out." The mystery endures on a personal level, and shows my own limitations too.

So no offense taken. I can sometimes choose my words poorly, when I originally was posting to point out a recent humorous situation to me.

However, I have to also point out again that many people in this day & age have taken in recent events and future expectations and thus ASSUME(!) that humanity is on the path to make all of us "gods" in our own right; genetic engineering, life-extension, cloning, etc. In effect, the argument of such people is that "Darwin was right."

Take note that I am NOT making any personal declarations or opinions on this situation I perceive; it's only that I perceive it. Any back-and-forth "faith" opinions here are only going to stray this thread into the hard-core OT zone.

Mmmm, just saw this thread. There is so much Truth here (keep in mind that I still don't have the actual game). Greasy Pig and Peng speak for the voiceless masses.

How 'bout that final cannon shot when you exit the game- Evil, or what? She just got done screaming about the time you've wasted and the thing(s) that need doing... you've just finished wiping the saliva from the back of your head, and in a massive show of conciliation you save and exit... and as She is walking way, BOOM that one last cannon shot, which convinces her that you've continued out of sheer spite (this assuming that you were busted in flagrante delicto with the audio on).

Am I the only one this has ever happened to?

Spook,

10-4 there good buddy. Didn't mean to misinterperate my interpretation... wait, I mean I didn't interpolate... wait, no.. you misinter.. ah hell never mind. This board sometimes is just like talking to my wife. No matter how well intended a statment is its bound to be confused (and twisted and used against you till you die).

GreasyPig

Spook I knew you werent heading down that path.

OH, MKIV! That HAPPENED to me. It was around 2:30 am on a work night and one of the twins had just lept in our bed and woken her up...she starts squawking at me in that horrid half asleep wifey way that always makes me feel so darn good, and I say "fine" and hit the exit....BOOM!

"What are you DOOING!"

eurgh. going to bed as you commanded my sweet.

die a lot now, Harpy! Harridan! Fishwife!

Peng

------------------

I'm talking and I can't shut up!

Guest *Captain Foobar*

LOL

This is one of the funniest threads I have ever read on this board....

------------------

Life is tough...Its even tougher if you're stupid...