Who will be the first Canadian to recieve CM?

So the voices in your head are your superiors, not under your watchful eye?

I pre-ordered about a month ago, I live in Halifax (N of Maine) but I doubt I'll be first my VISA hasn't even been billed yet.

I am on vacation all next week, who wants to bet I'll receive the game the last day of my vacation.

I suspect all the mail gets sent to Toronto's Pearson airport, then it gets trucked to some Canada Post depot to be sorted by province, then it gets either trucked or sent by air again to each province's main sorting station... You get the picture I have a feeling the Toronto people will get the game first.

frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kevin Peltz:

With the atrocious federal mail service here in BC, I will probably be the last person on the PLANET to get the game. Or , maybe my brother will be, as he only lives up the road a bit. I am not even going to start worrying about it until Canada Day at least...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Canada Day? whatever happened to Dominion Day?...Oh that right...the Trudeau Liberals

Sorry to rain on everyone's parade here, but *I* will be the first to receive it!

Why?? Well, the holdup in getting a parcel from across the border is not Canada Post, but Customs. As I am the only one (as far as I know) who ordered from this God-Foresaken part of the country, the customs people here only have to see if you can make a gun out of my one package, instead of the dozens that will arrive in the East.

Of course, the mail truck could burst into flames just as it pulls into town also, and destroy my well thought out theory.

Craig (either thinking too much or not enough again)

I'd love to hear from the first Canadian to receive their copy of the game.

How long is customs likely to hold us up?

Anyone who has seen their Visa bill:

What was the total price in Canadian Dollars?

How do we arrange to pay the GST ?

any thoughts on this?

Thanks

I suspect some of us should see the game by the end of the week....

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

I'd love to hear from the first Canadian to receive their copy of the game.

How long is customs likely to hold us up?

Anyone who has seen their Visa bill:

What was the total price in Canadian Dollars?

How do we arrange to pay the GST ?

any thoughts on this?

Thanks

I suspect some of us should see the game by the end of the week....

-tom w

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

whats the current exchange rate? GST is probably collected the same as any other mail/email order. I cant tell you how they collect as I headed south long before the GST went into effect.

tom_w

53.00 US dollars

My VISA charge is for $79.73 Canadian from Battlefront. Not sure if more cash will be due upon delivery.

I did get charged shipping for another package I got from the US (a replica pistol from Blade Runner), but I have no idea how consistent that kind of thing is. Customs rated that package's worth at around 75 dollars (luckily , because I paid a lot more than that) and the shipping costs came to $16.00 Canadian.

We'll all have the real thing soon, lads.

GAFF

It cost me 78.78 Canadian (billed on 15 Jun).

For the GST, in my past experience, if the parcel is being delivered by Canada Post customs will put a bill on the parcel and they expect you to send them a cheque to cover it.

If the parcel is being delivered by UPS then UPS adds an administrative fee on top of the GST and generally expects payment at the door.

I used to work for Canada Post. (Marketing)

You will receive a card telling you that a package is waiting for you at your closest postal outlet. The card will tell you of the fees due.

You will need to bring the card, along with photo ID, to pick up your package. Canada Post will collect the taxes due from you. The taxes will be based upon whatever value Canada Customs determine Combat Mission to be worth. Note that Canada Post is just collecting money that they must hand over to the Federal government. For this "service" they will charge you an additional $5.00.

There is no duty payable on Combat Mission, since it is made in the US, and is covered under the Free Trade Agreeement.

------------------

--

Toad

Ontario, Canada

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Toad:

I used to work for Canada Post. (Marketing)

You will receive a card telling you that a package is waiting for you at your closest postal outlet. The card will tell you of the fees due.

You will need to bring the card, along with photo ID, to pick up your package. Canada Post will collect the taxes due from you. The taxes will be based upon whatever value Canada Customs determine Combat Mission to be worth. Note that Canada Post is just collecting money that they must hand over to the Federal government. For this "service" they will charge you an additional $5.00.

There is no duty payable on Combat Mission, since it is made in the US, and is covered under the Free Trade Agreeement.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Todd

"For this "service" they will charge you an additional $5.00."

Now that is a RIPP OFF! first off the game will cost us about $ 79.00 cnd instead or $45.00 US, then there is the damned GST and NOW another $ 5.00 for the damn service of charging us GST!

Now I am PISSED OFF!

but thanks anyway Todd I know its not your fault.

but that just plain SUCKS!

The game will cost at least $90.00 cdn before I can even install it.

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Tom_W!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

Now that is a RIPP OFF! first off the game will cost us about $ 79.00 cnd instead or $45.00 US, then there is the damned GST and NOW another $ 5.00 for the damn service of charging us GST!

Now I am PISSED OFF!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't blame you for being pissed! Most of the Canada Post people I worked with were pretty disgusted and embarrassed when that decision was made.

I suspect that it was simply reactionary to the Fed's order to force Canada Post to collect taxes on all foreign shipments, and just hand over the cash. Canada Post is VERY cost-oriented. So, an extra dollar of effort spent here, meant they had to collect an extra dollar in revenue from somewhere else ...

BTW: Canada Post is also still a very politically-connected place. Complaints to your MP work ... wink.gif

------------------

--

Toad

Ontario, Canada

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peterk:

Hey Canuck!

Congratulations! Give us a scouting report, OK. Everyone is saying they got it but very few people are talking about it.

"InDixie" huh? Doesn't sound like it counts.

p.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know it doesnt count but even though I'm livin' in The South I'm still a Calgary boy...born and bred. All you Cnucks wont bedisapointed.You'll have lots of opportunity to show off that Cnadian pride. ...And yes, the names on the unit info are a mix of French and English.(I'm pretty sure thats not a spoiler)