Captured Panzers of the Warsaw Uprising

The next CMRT will presumably enable depiction of the Warsaw Uprising fighting, and this will be most apt then. The Polish Home Army captured quite a collection of panzers and destroyed their German panzers and German positions with them. The Soviets made the inconvenient evidence of resistance go away over time, but photos have survived. Also of interest is the use of close assault weapons against panzers to capture them. 

Regards,

John Kettler

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2020 at 8:31 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

It would be great if the Home Army (& Polish forces generally) were an option in a future RT release, but TBH I'm not overly expecting it.

Honestly, I don’t think the Warsaw Uprising is an appropriate topic for CM, as it is not designed for asymmetrical conflicts. In this special case, there are too many “non-miltary” aspects involved.

I think it has a lot of potential as a WHIF scenario or mini-campaign.....Modelled historically, but with alternative AI plans that might allow the Home Army to capture more of their objectives on the first day.

I'd certainly play it (TBH I even attempted to make it in CM:BB, back in the day).

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Furthermore this could be a chance to (semi-)historically utilize CM´s editor ability to pitch Axis vs. Axis tanks. A situation I never have encountered before in any CM campaign or scenario.

Not long ago I finally got a checkmark on an Allies vs. Allies tank situation in a certain CMFB campaign which was quite a pleasant surprise. Really like the captured tank/Beutepanzer idea.

Edited by Aquila-SmartWargames