To Aussies do we pay GST?

Does anyone know how this fits in, do we pay or not?

You know I was just thinking I normally buy my games from the local shop for about A$75, This one's costing me A$95-100 plus GST? Now that's expensive!!!

I think these people at BTS have other motives for now selling to shops - they wanna make more $$!!

------------------

lead by example!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IDF:

Does anyone know how this fits in, do we pay or not?

You know I was just thinking I normally buy my games from the local shop for about A$75, This one's costing me A$95-100 plus GST? Now that's expensive!!!

I think these people at BTS have other motives for now selling to shops - they wanna make more $$!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IDF

I was billed on 16th June and it came out at 93.40 in real money once the conversion from USD to AUD was done at that date. You do not pay any GST on small stuff like games ordered over the net.

You do not have to pay GST on small imports of books, software and other small mail order items from overseas provided that the tax payable is less than $50.

BTS also saved us from pre-GST wholesale sales tax by declaring the value of the software at US$5 on teh customs declaration. Thankfully no ne at the ATO plays CM, or they would call that a severe understatement.

After finding this out, I briefly considered a reseller business getting CMs five at a time and flogging them here, but I am pretty sure they will be on the lookout for that type of rort.

------------------

desert rat wannabe

Depends on when your creditcard was charged.

Mine originally had a mail order authorisation for about A$94.50 but when my cc was finally charged (about 3 days later) due to the changing exchange rate it was only billed for A$93.02.

------------------

IN VINO VERITAS

Well we have had GST in NZ since october87.

We are alittle bit ahead of you Aussies.

Anyway goods purchased oversea's are not subject to GST only if purchased within aussie.

You will be paying GST to the internal delivery services.

Anyway welcome to the Club.Thats another great idea we kiwis exported to the Aussies smile.gifsmile.gif

------------------

"Some people don't see the light until they first feel the heat"