Bug Report - Seeking Cover Bug

I remember hedgerows always had bits of problems for single infantrymen pathing, like that seperating from team/squad and the like. Maybe it´s from the nature of hedgerow terrain type  partitioning an AS for cover and movement purposes (very good cover, but no move through unless gapped). For some odd reasons panicking (or "evading") infantrymen seem considering the "enemy" side partition of a hedgerow as better cover than friendly side? :huh: The "evade" command is a nice testing tool when it comes to check on a threatened units likely retreat (evade) path. I frequently do such an "evade" move test (and delete again), just to be prepared for the likely worst to come. It also indicates the highest threat perception on enemy units right at this moment. Very oftenly a unit deciding to "evade" by TacAI decision does the same plot move command as when given manually in previous command phase(s).

• 2 months later...

I was trying to play The Scottish Corridor, and I just cannot possibly complete the first scenario because of this bug. Whenever taking fire my guys, (and the Germans) bolt through their cover into the open, running directly towards the guys they were just shooting at. And then on-top of it I had another bug where my Churchill refused to fire on a wooden bunker which was behind a hedge with its main gun. It just sat there spraying the thing with both the hull and coaxial MG, without ever once firing a shell (before you ask no it was not on a target light order). After 10 minutes it hadn't kill anyone inside the bunker either, it was just a log bunker with sandbags on it.

Are there any campaigns that engine 4 didn't ruin? I kind of want my money back at this point.

I had exactly the same experiences with the infantry on engine 4.

As for the tanks behaviour I seem to remember that happening the last time I tried the campaign with engine 3. Although I did just fire it up again having read your post, and lo and behold, without me even giving a "Target" order it trundled up to the hedge and began blasting away at the bunker with it's main gun.

Edited by Warts 'n' all

8 hours ago, VendoViper said:

Are there any campaigns that engine 4 didn't ruin? I kind of want my money back at this point.

If a CMBN scenario/campaign has significant amounts of bocage then you will see that "retreat towards the enemy" behavior.  BF did have some success limiting it with the "02" patch, but obviously they have not been able to eliminate it.  It's a problem with bocage and the retreat logic code.  So, no bocage, no problem.  All the other CMx2 games don't have it because they don't have bocage.  It's strictly a CMBN problem. 

The 4.0 upgrade introduced the TacAI displacing from cover when under off-map artillery bug and zapped the effectiveness of the Bren/BAR/Breda.  The "01" patch fixed those issues, but introduced the retreat towards the enemy bug to CMBN.  Not good.

As for the Churchill not firing HE at a bunker.  I have not experienced that issue.  So, no clue.