Red vs Blue - Feature Request

I was thinking that allowing any force to be chosen for "Red" or "Blue" from the Editor and Quick Battle generator would provide a layer of potential that's pretty exciting. For instance, a player could choose Unconventional  + US Army vs Syrian Army, or whatever combo suits your needs.

It would be a sort of a QOL feature that provides more utility and warranty.

What are the community's opinions on this?

Respectfully,

LL

2 minutes ago, RepsolCBR said:

yepp...you can. Atleast when designing scenarios.

Is it possible in QBs though..?

Ah now not so sure re QBs. In the editor you can switch around the sides but I'm not sure if you can do that in a QB (I never play them). I suspect not though. I'll edit my original post.

Thanks for the reply. I found the force selection drop down, but what I'm referring to is the ability to make the Red AND Blue lists include all sides, so that anyone can be picked or mixed and matched from editor and QB selector.

It is not possible in QBs - hence the OP's request.

It is a reasonable request but I have never heard Steve muse that this would make it high on a priory list. In the mean time, with a trusted opponent, you can combine the QB setup UI (for points) with the scenario editor to create your own H2H battle with mixed forces. Check out this thread on how to create a 20 000 point QB:

First post outlines how we set things up. You can use the same technique to create a multi side battle as well.

@Liveload  'The Editor' is your friend.....You can do all manner of fun things in 'The Editor':

e7eUdFz.jpg

This was done in CM:SF1, but it can be done even better in CM:SF2.....There's some minor trickery involved, it is not rocket science!  ;)

So as I said, 'The Editor' is your friend.  B)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Thanks, I know you can do that in the editor by playing with the drop down, but sometimes I want that extra "unknown" factor that the QB provides. Making my own scenarios is easy enough. I've done many for my own personal edification.

Edit: Apologies, I should have quoted Sgt Squarehead for the reply. I'm on disability due to spinal issues, so the meds kick my ass most days. I'm lucky to be able to play. 😀

Edited by Liveload

50 minutes ago, IanL said:

It is not possible in QBs - hence the OP's request.

It is a reasonable request but I have never heard Steve muse that this would make it high on a priory list. In the mean time, with a trusted opponent, you can combine the QB setup UI (for points) with the scenario editor to create your own H2H battle with mixed forces. Check out this thread on how to create a 20 000 point QB:

First post outlines how we set things up. You can use the same technique to create a multi side battle as well.

Just saw this. Meds, lol!

Many thanks. That's cool for H2H, but my wife kicks my ass every time. It's not even fair.