Anyone else feel the hit percentage on vehicle gunners is higher?

I'm just a little curious if any of you feel the same way as me on how quick gunners from half tracks, mobile AA, tanks, ETC, get killed from small arms fire. I know they're sitting ducks but a lot of times when I roll them into a position after 1 or 2 rounds they get hit and killed(sometimes the first). This is frustrating because I find its only with gunners or crew sticking out, i can move a infantry squad or a crewed weapon in the same spot and somehow the enemy misses more and they're survivability is much higher. Is anyone experiencing this/ is this supposed to happen or am i just really unlucky. 

Mark.

This has been discussed to Death, and Back over the years...Yes, unbuttoned Crew/Gunner survivability is way too low, and are literally Bullet Magnets in game (Small Arms are directed to top part of Vehicle, rather then Center-Mass that would've given them at least a better survivability through game).

And, NO...Unbuttoned Crew should not necessarily be considered 'Sitting Ducks', (unless from short range Small Arms, or Sniper or Hit by an HE/AP round) and in RL should potentially survive through a Battle w/o getting a Crew Member hit.

If you think it's bad now, you should've seen it back in earlier game patches...At least now, the height of unbuttoned Crew is lower and they button-up more quickly so that they wont get hit %100 of the time.

Me thinks, BF, needs to increase the 'Savings Roll' a bit to represent Crew moving about and trying to avoid incoming fire (along with Small Arms hitting Center-Mass of vehicle, instead of Top).

Anyways...Just my 3 Cents :-(

Edited by JoMc67

7 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

use them as they were used in R/L i.e. for long range fire support

+1   Also, the shield gives little or no protection from fire from the sides.  It's one of those issues that due to the vast majority of CM2 maps being relatively small with relatively short LOS, one is "encouraged" to use halftracks at much shorter range than is wise.

Edited by Erwin